[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: Shuntyr on May 26, 2017, 09:43:23 AM
5.4 Download Test 2 - 'compost bin' question/bug

Hello,

How does the 'compost bin' work now?  I can build the compost bin, and I have a stack of 'compost starter' but I do not get the option to 'plant fertilizer' when I right click on the bin.  I'm not sure if I am missing a step or maybe the compost bin needs to have that option enabled?

Thank you

Composter works like the alcohol barrels now. Your pawns should just load it up and it go on it''s own.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 25, 2017, 01:39:15 PM
This morning I got a new A17 event to go and raid a pirate base, so I took three guys ( btw DON'T take three guys XD ) and gave them a bunch of pickled vegetables and salted meat, figuring they have a good shelf-life.

But when they got out on the road, the food counter showed days to rot of less than three days, and all their food just up and disappeared at the end of the count-down.

Don't know if that's some wierd generic bug behavior from A17 or if it's mod-specific.
I did some testing and seems everything is fine. As others have said the pickled and salted meat only have a nutrition of .05/.12 so it takes a lot more to feed them. someone did the math of around 34 a day. Best bet for travel is the canned meals or package meals.

notfood

Dismar, do you plan to add more plants or change their balance? I ask to begin work with SeedsPlease VG addon.

dismar

Quote from: notfood on May 26, 2017, 04:01:42 PM
Dismar, do you plan to add more plants or change their balance? I ask to begin work with SeedsPlease VG addon.

No plan for more. The grow zone is way to crowded.

And the balance is already done in this new release.

Canute

QuoteNo plan for more. The grow zone is way to crowded.

Ohhh yeah, did you try to made pizza and mufffins for all and don't own any chicken ? :-)

Dugalle900

Any chance for an A17 Garden Tools?
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Spiders Everywhere

Love this mod! I wanted to point out a couple things I noticed. First, the fueled stove and milling stone can break down. I think that's only meant to be for buildings that use electricity?

Second, the work amounts for milling stone recipes are kind of weird:

flour 900
bulk flour 700
cornmeal 700
bulk cornmeal 700
sugar 1100
bulk sugar 700

Single milling should take less time than bulk, shouldn't it?

dismar

Hmmm thats weird. I Must have copied to much code for those. They are not supposed to break down. And the simple recipes are the same ones you make by hand that why the work times are higher but idk that code was wrote like a year ago and no one has said anything since then!

Spiders Everywhere

Gotcha! I guess it's not super noticeable in game, I was just rooting around in the xml and it looked odd.

dismar

Quote from: Spiders Everywhere on May 27, 2017, 07:49:43 PM
Gotcha! I guess it's not super noticeable in game, I was just rooting around in the xml and it looked odd.

I will put some time into it tho! :P

SNKcell

Any idea which mods make the VG icons for food go back to vanilla and make electric stove available without research??

Thanks

dismar

Quote from: SNKcell on May 28, 2017, 02:37:32 AM
Any idea which mods make the VG icons for food go back to vanilla and make electric stove available without research??

Thanks

Well the electric stove doesn't need research any more. i'm not sure what mod could make that happen. I use unique defs for the plants

dismar

Updated!

5/27/17 Build 3/4
- patches optimized!
- Soda garden patched in
- break down removed from mill stone / fueled stone
- grind recipes balanced

faltonico

I forgot to mention that the canning table has a weird issue with the sprites, it seems like it was not using all the textures... see the attached image i cannot explain it well enough.
It happened in my play-trough in A16 and i just tested it and it is happening as well with A17, only core and vegetable garden installed.
The images in the folder are ok, the file structure and the def seems to be ok, i don't know what is happening =/

BTW it has always bothered me that the CanningTable_back.png has a bag of "TLAS" xD
I went ahead and fixed it without permission, use it if you please, no credit is due.

Thanks for the update!... Glad to know it will be there when I play again, eventually.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

dismar

Quote from: faltonico on May 28, 2017, 12:03:11 PM
I forgot to mention that the canning table has a weird issue with the sprites, it seems like it was not using all the textures... see the attached image i cannot explain it well enough.
It happened in my play-trough in A16 and i just tested it and it is happening as well with A17, only core and vegetable garden installed.
The images in the folder are ok, the file structure and the def seems to be ok, i don't know what is happening =/

BTW it has always bothered me that the CanningTable_back.png has a bag of "TLAS" xD
I went ahead and fixed it without permission, use it if you please, no credit is due.

Thanks for the update!... Glad to know it will be there when I play again, eventually.

you just need to change the name of the picture to CanningTable_side and it will work correctly. I've added the picture you posted and the corrected side view into the next version.

faltonico

Thank you for fixing it!
On another subject... I really liked it that you could make your pawns eat insect meat without debuf if you stuffed it in a can xD
It was kind of fitting that they didn't know what it was if it was processed.

- What is that?.
- ...shut up and eat"

Edit: Yet another thought,
Maybe you should take a look at the yield of the fruit trees, they seem to have better yield, but when you take into consideration the tiles they use to grow, they aren't so anymore.