Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

big animals should contain double meat, butchering them should last double the time.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Havan_IronOak

Add a wall type that insulates against solar flares. The wall type would require steel and would be a small but steady electric current drain. Solar flares are a magnetic effect and Earth is generally protected from these by the planet's magnetic field.

Hydroponics rooms are MUCH too vulnerable to Solar Flares in the current game.  There ARE mods that incorporate something along these lines already but they could be more elegantly incorporated into the overall game.

AllenWL

Quote from: giannikampa on May 16, 2015, 05:18:18 PM
big animals should contain double meat, butchering them should last double the time.
Bigger animals do give more meat and leather then little ones.

giannikampa

Quote from: AllenWL on May 17, 2015, 01:35:51 AM
Quote from: giannikampa on May 16, 2015, 05:18:18 PM
Bigger animals do give more meat and leather then little ones.

yes, i think they should give even more meat.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Wild Card

The ability to cook  3x or 4x meals at once
Ofc x4 or x3 the resouces and time to actually cook
Atm i feel the cook spends more time running to and from storage/freezer than actually cooking and keeps messing with the temperature in the freezer

Makes sense as cook would cook food for everyone at once. Not 1 meal for each colonist. It's riworld not rimrestaurant ;D....
I shouldn't try to be funny  :P

mecool

Towers: that add range and cover but can collapse by explosions!
taming: get a pet to use it for food (milk) and as a tool of destrucion!
predators: meat outside the colony ? better watch out they try to steal it! (makes hunting more dangerous)
non-warefare equipment: eg.drill, axe

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Wild Card on May 17, 2015, 05:33:55 AM
The ability to cook  3x or 4x meals at once
Ofc x4 or x3 the resouces and time to actually cook
Atm i feel the cook spends more time running to and from storage/freezer than actually cooking and keeps messing with the temperature in the freezer

Makes sense as cook would cook food for everyone at once. Not 1 meal for each colonist. It's rim-world not rim-restaurant ;D....
I shouldn't try to be funny  :P

First... Ever hear of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

Multi-meals ARE currently available in a mod, Search for Bulk Meals by Igabod. One starts off being able to cook 4 meals and when the cook's skill goes up and research is done a professional cook-stove that can handle 8 meals is unlocked. Works really well and yes, I never play a game without it. The time taken to cook 8 meals is longer than to cook a single meal but not 8 times as much and the running around is kept to a minimum.

In my current game I've got a frail old cook that moves REAL slow so I've set up two bins one for meats and one for veggies right next to the stove. Since they're marked critical any of my haulers passing by top them off for him. Also I've changed the fine meal work bill to just drop the finished meals. Haulers have been pretty good getting them to the dining room. I have a more mobile guy with an interest in cooking but he just does simple meals so that work bill is still set to take the finished product to the best storage area. (usually the winter freezer)

Wild Card

Never heard of it :)
I`m glad there`s a mod i`m going to look it up right now. i feel it would be useful in the core game...and i don`t think it would take that hard to code...thus following the "cheap idea standard" (but what do i know? :p)

Also i thought it would be fine from an immersion point of view. Your cook or chef or whatever does exactly that...cook and chef and stuff :p not prepare for the rim-world marathon.

End of the day it`s a quality of life improvement for players i think. Nothing game changing. but could be fun, maybe a slider to adjust how many rations get cooked at once ? ( 3 4 5 6) .

king komodo

The ability to mount weapons on something like a mannequin or something. I don't just want to sell my first few masterwork/legendary weapons. I want them on display and close at hand just in case something really goes south.

hector212121

Maybe make equipment racks make things unsellable if that isn't done already? I don't use them right now cause they seem useless atm

Adamiks

Quote from: hector212121 on May 19, 2015, 05:05:45 PM
Maybe make equipment racks make things unsellable if that isn't done already? I don't use them right now cause they seem useless atm

Equipment racks prevents from deteriotation.

hector212121

So does keeping things indoors.

Adamiks

Quote from: hector212121 on May 19, 2015, 05:13:49 PM
So does keeping things indoors.

Equipment racks are mostly a decoration. For me it's just "fun" to create real stockpile without items lying on the ground. Even some floors are kind of useless. Stone floors for example, but still we using floors beacuse they are just looking nice. Some games are nice because they have all of these "useless" things that adds some kind of nice atmosphere.

hector212121

Might I suggest having a red "unburied colonist" thing?

I can't find a dead dude and it's cheesing everyone off.

Havan_IronOak

Not sure if it's easy or hard to do but...

How about a "unforbid it all" button under Orders? It would allow one to drag a cursor select box around the debris left after a battle and then designate the lot as forbidden/unforbidden. As it currently works one must designate each slain raider, each weapon, each meal (or at least each type of meal) separately.