Eggs

Started by Mikhail Reign, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

Yes they stack. But obviously that was the only way to solve it. Otherwise egg production would speed up so it needs to be done.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Skissor on March 18, 2016, 07:26:25 AM
Yes they stack. But obviously that was the only way to solve it. Otherwise egg production would speed up so it needs to be done.

I think you thorghly misread what I wrote.

RickyMartini

Hmm I was just noting that Tynan purposely made it so that the time of the eggs stack up. Yes, it makes no sense that 50 chickens hatch at once if they were laid at different times. But that was the only way to make it work gameplay wise.

Mikhail Reign

OK. Once more:P Is it meant to be possible for eggs from tamed chickens to hatch untamed chicken?

All the chickens in the screen shot are wild. I assume hatched from the eggs in the fridge. Didn't see them hatched, just noticed this situation arising.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on March 21, 2016, 12:17:37 PM
OK. Once more:P Is it meant to be possible for eggs from tamed chickens to hatch untamed chicken?

Nope. This is a heavy bug. But looking at your screenshot it seems like your game is modded. I'm 99% sure this is causes by a mod you installed.

skullywag

Nope if chicken eggs are moved from the allowed area of the parent they are hatched as wild chicks. I thought this was intended.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zokora

In vanilla game the baby chicken hatched are tamed. So Skissor has the right point.

skullywag

Hrmmm i swear ive had this happen. If an egg is moved to an area that no animals are allowed in ot will hatch untamed. Ill double check this tonight when im at my pc.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RickyMartini

Quote from: skullywag on March 21, 2016, 01:51:00 PM
Hrmmm i swear ive had this happen. If an egg is moved to an area that no animals are allowed in ot will hatch untamed. Ill double check this tonight when im at my pc.

Hmm sounds like a bug to me.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: skullywag on March 21, 2016, 01:51:00 PM

The area they are in, chickens aren't normally aloud, so that fits perfectly.

Shurp

I've never had this problem.  Chicks hatch in my freezer all the time, then head over to the chicken coop.

Although it is pretty ridiculous that my freezer is a chick hatchery...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Limdood

I just had eggs hatch in the fridge where no chickens were allowed....the chicks obediently went to their allowed area...completely tamed.

I did have some dogs in the colony on unrestricted, but i think that wild chicks are a bug, and that it doesn't matter where they hatch.

Play2Jens

All the chickens in the screen shot are wild. I assume hatched from the eggs in the fridge. Didn't see them hatched, just noticed this situation arising.

I'm sorry to go completely off topic here, but what mod are you using that actually builds the air conditioner into the walls? I've been wanting that for sooo long!

Zokora

Quote from: Play2Jens on March 22, 2016, 02:31:52 PM

I'm sorry to go completely off topic here, but what mod are you using that actually builds the air conditioner into the walls? I've been wanting that for sooo long!

???
I can't tell you which Mod is used. But the coolers are set as you do it in vanilla game. You can set the cooler on build walls or in between two walls. So that Cooling , the blue marked side, is in the room used as a freezer.
Then you can set the temperature to the one you want to have. eg -10

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Play2Jens on March 22, 2016, 02:31:52 PM

As someone pointed out, I have a few mods on, but I 'think' its this one

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0