Rate your Epyk Pack experience.

Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

CrazyJayBe

Again, I appreciate you folks trying to help.

I felt like I was getting the run-around because the responses I was getting seemed to be out in left field. Anyway, apologies. Just frustrated.

Daft, I was thinking about that. It's the one thing I haven't tried yet. So, I'll just re-unpack the game into a fresh folder and start over. Brand new, no saves, nothing, nada, zippo.

I'm aware that it says "[MOD PACK] (Alpha 8) Epyk Pack 1.18y[Alpha 9 update soon!]". I only gave it a try because I have not seen anything on these forums saying that it would not work for 9 (I don't have the time to go through 39 pages...sorry). Plus, my buddy says he has the same. The Alphalo worked, the Turrets worked. It might have been the ED though. I turned that on and that's when it started freezing.

Skyrim gave me a few problems as I started throwing mods at it so I know what it's like to shuffle mods around in order for them to work.

Whatevs.

It's an alpha.

I suppose I'm sore about certain things....I'm just pissed I live on a planet with THIS:

daft73

Heh, all good mate things can get aggravating at times, don't fret. Although my 5 year old walked in whilst I looked at your latest post, and asked dad can I get that cool looking truck game your looking at?? is that for me thanks dad. :o :-X.

Soon enough Epyk will get things going and update the mod pack.

general222291

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 01:50:32 PM
Again, I appreciate you folks trying to help.

I felt like I was getting the run-around because the responses I was getting seemed to be out in left field. Anyway, apologies. Just frustrated.

Daft, I was thinking about that. It's the one thing I haven't tried yet. So, I'll just re-unpack the game into a fresh folder and start over. Brand new, no saves, nothing, nada, zippo.

I'm aware that it says "[MOD PACK] (Alpha 8) Epyk Pack 1.18y[Alpha 9 update soon!]". I only gave it a try because I have not seen anything on these forums saying that it would not work for 9 (I don't have the time to go through 39 pages...sorry). Plus, my buddy says he has the same. The Alphalo worked, the Turrets worked. It might have been the ED though. I turned that on and that's when it started freezing.

Skyrim gave me a few problems as I started throwing mods at it so I know what it's like to shuffle mods around in order for them to work.

Whatevs.

It's an alpha.

I suppose I'm sore about certain things....I'm just pissed I live on a planet with THIS:

Really, really, my God...

... still confused, God save logic!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

BetterThanNever

Lmao, the Metascore is 8/100. Also, I wonder how many things overlap from each mod...

CrazyJayBe

Quote from: daft73 on March 15, 2015, 02:05:41 PM
Heh, all good mate things can get aggravating at times, don't fret. Although my 5 year old walked in whilst I looked at your latest post, and asked dad can I get that cool looking truck game your looking at?? is that for me thanks dad. :o :-X.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NOOOO!!!! DON'T LOOSE THIS SHLOCK UPON YOUR CHILD!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DtVHqyYts ---ENJOY.

General, did you have a question or were you perplexed at my complexities...?

general222291

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 11:27:14 PM
Quote from: daft73 on March 15, 2015, 02:05:41 PM

Lol, that was a marketing tactic I used once...

I sold an achievement item for a £100 on the market as a joke, believe it or not someone actually bought it, I got 6 free games :D :D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NOOOO!!!! DON'T LOOSE THIS SHLOCK UPON YOUR CHILD!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DtVHqyYts ---ENJOY.

General, did you have a question or were you perplexed at my complexities...?
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

daft73

This is all fun and stuff, but this also belongs in Off Topic. ;) Let's try to stay on topic.

CrazyJayBe

CrazyJayBe

**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

Ok, so like a huge nerd, I went through and clicked on each mod one by one, exiting the mod menu after each. I noticed that the ones that crashed took no time to do so. I weeded out the mods that crash ONLY. The rest load right into the game, even on old saves. Now, I didn't say they worked well, they just work. I get a debug list that pops up with a bunch of problems but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Have fun!

Delekhan

^^^^ This craziness is exhibit A as to why Epyk would do us a great service to release an update soon. People are so anxious to use mods together that they're coming up with insane ideas to try and pull it off.

Incompatibility

I got impatient so I ended up making my own Alpha 9 pseudo-Epyk pack. I wouldn't suggest trying to load A8 mods into an A9 game.

Incompatibility

I'd love to but I'd have to go around and ask all the mod makers to distribute it  :-\

CrazyJayBe

I'm just happy I finally got something working.

Welp! Off to do my schoolwork and overseas job and sleep, eat, and shower between it all!

CrazyJayBe

P.S. I was complaining earlier about us gamers being relegated to games that are "unfinished" AND paying money for them. I recall that Tynan put this game on Kickstarter TWO YEARS AGO and was successfully funded by November 2013.

The Kickstarter campaign allowed for people to pay a minimum price for the game OR pay higher prices in order to add custom content.

WEEEEELLLLLL...what about all these mod-makers working for FREE?? How do all the people that paid that extra amount feel right now? People are modding for free which are then being added to new releases and such.

I think I'd be a tid bit miffed if I paid a premium only for a modder (who I thank) to come in and do a LOT MORE to the game than simply come up with backstories or whatever.

Thoughts?

User was warned for this post.