Why are the conduit walls gone?

Started by magicbush, September 09, 2015, 10:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbush

So you used to be able to build conduit walls for powering stations inside of structures, but I can no longer build them(been a while since I last played)? How do I power my station inside a building, and why was that feature removed?

Cimanyd

Power conduits are entirely separate from walls now. You can build them on walls (and most other things).
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

zandadoum

i wish there was some sort of conduit floor. to have the conduits under a false floor and not affect beauty like now :(

Nebbie

I suspect they were removed because conduits are weak and break easy from things like mortar fire, but walls don't. Conduit walls would withstand a direct hit with no loss of power connectivity, yet costed the same amount of materials and work, so they were a bit overpowered.
Having to build a special type of wall to avoid losing power from sieges clutters the build menu and makes things annoying anyways. Better to just not have that extra bit of micromanagement and lay out power separately from walls.

Panzer

Afaik theres no drawback in comparison to the old conduit walls, conduits placed in walls will be safe from explosion and fire.

Rahjital

Conduits under walls used to be damageable by explosions and fire but that is no longer the case. Now the only disadvantage is that raiders can somehow attack the conduit directly without having to destroy the wall itself.