[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Quick question, I use the 'Haul' mod, that allows things to haul using carts... Would that cause the Crawlers to deteriorate faster? Because.. These guys break extremely fast, like... I have had a few up and running for a in game day now, and they already have a 40% crash chance.

Orion

Quote from: Agalyon on March 09, 2016, 01:09:42 PM
What kinds of things would this mod conflict with?
Anything to do with Mechanoids.

Quote from: Beathrus on March 10, 2016, 02:15:06 PM
Quick question, I use the 'Haul' mod, that allows things to haul using carts... Would that cause the Crawlers to deteriorate faster? Because.. These guys break extremely fast, like... I have had a few up and running for a in game day now, and they already have a 40% crash chance.
I think not. But they're pretty fragile to begin with. They move around the most and have the least hitpoints. So I hope you have someone on repair duty ;)

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 12, 2016, 06:06:05 AM
Quote from: Agalyon on March 09, 2016, 01:09:42 PM
What kinds of things would this mod conflict with?
Anything to do with Mechanoids.

Quote from: Beathrus on March 10, 2016, 02:15:06 PM
I think not. But they're pretty fragile to begin with. They move around the most and have the least hitpoints. So I hope you have someone on repair duty ;)

I do. x.x But yeah, I need to start a new game already; Take out 'auto equip' or something, my colonist drop everything to put on new gear, and for an hour or two ignore other duties to swap gear. So sometimes they just flat out ignore the bots and go about other tasks for crafting. :/ I wish I could update the 'priority' of the repairs for the lil crawlers. Or set like, another bot to just 'repair' duty. Maybe a flame bot, modified to be a repair bot.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Beathrus on March 12, 2016, 03:04:06 PM
Or set like, another bot to just 'repair' duty. Maybe a flame bot, modified to be a repair bot.
that is actually a really good idea. bots that repair bots. (unless the ocasiaonal "who will repair the repairer" ;D)

as for me, i usually have Haplo's MAI set on repair duty.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Beathrus

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 12, 2016, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on March 12, 2016, 03:04:06 PM
Or set like, another bot to just 'repair' duty. Maybe a flame bot, modified to be a repair bot.
that is actually a really good idea. bots that repair bots. (unless the ocasiaonal "who will repair the repairer" ;D)

as for me, i usually have Haplo's MAI set on repair duty.

Mhm, doesn't help my bots seem to like breaking down in awkward places. x.x

Orion

Breaking down is not the same as "dying". It just means they temporarily stop for a few seconds and continue from there. It's the best way I could think of to nerf their ability to work day and night, without requiring... well.. anything in return for it.

I guess bots repairing bots is acceptable, although probably that would then need to be balanced with something else. Like requiring spare parts for repairs.

Beathrus

Quote from: Orion on March 13, 2016, 04:07:13 AM
Breaking down is not the same as "dying". It just means they temporarily stop for a few seconds and continue from there. It's the best way I could think of to nerf their ability to work day and night, without requiring... well.. anything in return for it.

I guess bots repairing bots is acceptable, although probably that would then need to be balanced with something else. Like requiring spare parts for repairs.

Why not require a bit of steel? Depending on the size of the bot that is. And its more the problem that the priority to work on the bot is low. :/ Like, if I could set the bot a charger station like its own 'bed', and then set a 'priority' for when it needs to be repaired, so my crafter doesn't skip them and go back to crafting whatever they were before that would be great. Or if I could click on a unit to 'return crawler to charger station', for when my crafter has time to actually repair it, that would be great.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Orion on March 13, 2016, 04:07:13 AM
add in 'decontsruct for parts' job, alongside disassembling (actually, would be vice versa). u receive universal mech parts, that u cannot use for anything else but for repairs (well, selling to a robot trader maybe).
no free plasteel.

Quote from: Beathrus on March 13, 2016, 09:41:44 AM
And its more the problem that the priority to work on the bot is low. :/ Like, if I could set the bot a charger station like its own 'bed', and then set a 'priority' for when it needs to be repaired, so my crafter doesn't skip them and go back to crafting whatever they were before that would be great. Or if I could click on a unit to 'return crawler to charger station', for when my crafter has time to actually repair it, that would be great.
isnt Repair of a higher priority than crafting? if given the same priority value.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Orion

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 13, 2016, 03:28:06 PM
add in 'decontsruct for parts' job, alongside disassembling (actually, would be vice versa). u receive universal mech parts, that u cannot use for anything else but for repairs (well, selling to a robot trader maybe).
no free plasteel.
This is indeed what I had in mind too. But it's some amount of work to do, and for some reason I can't bring up the motivation to do it these days. I think I even made the icon already (like a year ago).

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 13, 2016, 03:28:06 PM
isnt Repair of a higher priority than crafting? if given the same priority value.
It is a higher priority indeed.

Grimandevil

Korn.Mil

Update this mod for A13 version please, this was one of most awesome additional factions mod

Orion

Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 13, 2016, 03:42:18 PM
Update this mod for A13 version please, this was one of most awesome additional factions mod
That's nice to hear! But I'm looking at some 50-100 hours of work to update it and get all the kinks out. This will take a lot of time.

Probably I'll do it step by step. First the different enemies, and later being able to convert them - this will take the longest time. For now I'm busy with the Hospitality mod, though.

Korn.Mil

Quote from: Orion on April 13, 2016, 07:25:14 PM
That's nice to hear! But I'm looking at some 50-100 hours of work to update it and get all the kinks out. This will take a lot of time.

Probably I'll do it step by step. First the different enemies, and later being able to convert them - this will take the longest time. For now I'm busy with the Hospitality mod, though.

Ooh... Thats pretty sad actually, i liked this mod becouse its gives you so much of troubles, enemies was really tough, especially these things (i dont remember name) who are not affected by bullets or stab/blunt damage, only by explosives. They maked most of troubles. So i had another mod with mounted turrets where some of them shooting explosive shells, but when my colonist going to operate a turret, these lil motherfu***** just taked them out  ;D and my expensive turrets just always exploded.

lizhecheng66

For those who find repairing robots are annoying. Go to \RimWorld914Win\Mods\MoreMechanoids\Defs\PawnKindDefs\PawnKinds_Mechanoid.xml
modify the numbers between
<minTimeBeforeDeteriorate> and </maxTimeBeforeDeteriorate> 10 or 100 times bigger
:)

Sparhafoc

Quote from: Orion on April 13, 2016, 07:25:14 PM

Just writing to say this mod looks really interesting. I saw Aavak playing with it on YT, and it really adds a great element to the game.

Sadly, I keep forgetting to keep previous iterations of Rimworld, and end up deleting them, so only have the latest alpha. Thanks for putting in so much work. The moment you've updated this, I'll be starting a new game!

Cheers