[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyLion89

Quote from: Orion on February 01, 2015, 04:03:29 AM
Hm, I had that too at some point. Reconstructing indeed helped.

I'll look into the mood penalty. Doesn't seem fair, indeed. Let's call it a bug / oversight.

If the bot get fixed the mood penalty is gone. So it's not that big of a deal. Only it's not something one expects to happen :p Thanks

bullet

unfinished AIChip sometimes appear in the drop pods  and causes some errors and glitches interface

Orion

New hotfix! Sorry for having so many issues in the mod - I don't have a lot of time for testing super thoroughly, so thanks to everyone who reports in issues!

Quote from: bullet on February 01, 2015, 04:25:33 AM
unfinished AIChip sometimes appear in the drop pods  and causes some errors and glitches interface
Should be fixed now.

Quote from: GrumpyLion89 on January 31, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
[..] now I can't craft the chips and install them in the bots any more [..]
[..] if a bot gets killed colonist get a -15 mood penalty from unburied colonist. [..]
Both fixed.

bullet

GrumpyLion89

Quote from: Orion on February 01, 2015, 05:07:46 AM
New hotfix! Sorry for having so many issues in the mod - I don't have a lot of time for testing super thoroughly, so thanks to everyone who reports in issues!

Quote from: bullet on February 01, 2015, 04:25:33 AM
Should be fixed now.

Quote from: GrumpyLion89 on January 31, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
[..] now I can't craft the chips and install them in the bots any more [..]
[..] if a bot gets killed colonist get a -15 mood penalty from unburied colonist. [..]
Both fixed.

No problem at all. it is a very unique mod, so it is no shame that is has some issues with a new release.
And you fix them almost as soon as we notice them :) So, kuddo's ;)

bullet

nearly forgot to say - very good mod )
But " Fixed: Dead bots cause bad thoughts" not quite working. When a bot dies, I still crying and looks upset. Maybe a need some of controlling? because  a very hardworking guys and they do not care about feuds with pirates and former relatives.  For some it's just a crawler-hauler \ gardener 1-2-3, but for me it's Bob, Bill, Mr. Crab .. Bill's wife returned to him, Bob perfectly plays the guitar. Mr. Crab finished evening courses and wants to resume his studies at the institute. very good guys, they should not be dying  so stupid. It's not fair.
May be we needs some a simple beacon that when turning on, can to help them forget about their affairs and get some rest beside him until everything settles? maybe it's can be resolved with new personal settings of  global  work searching...

By the way, notice that their angry relatives have a weakness for the  meals, especially to a draw packaged survival meal. Maybe because it's yellow. yeah. I can understand them - nice color.
Looks especially funny if they did not have time to eating a meal because found a new target for the beating. Then they run with food as with the flag. Maybe need to wean them from it? well, or give them flags ... yellows probably

Orion

I had some trouble understanding your post. I think what you meant is that you would like a way to keep them out of battles.

I will think about it. But I believe it's just another downside of having a "free" hauler.

bullet

Complex sentences  is still not easy for me. Excuse me for my clumsy English. But yes, the point is that the bots are not controlled and therefore quickly die during the clashes. Maybe I did not quite understand your point, but they are not so free, if you count the cost of resources and their life expectancy. In any case, I not criticize and just trying to help to improve your work.  :-X

Also I noticed that bots can get short circuit like the battery in the rain. But still not convinced that this is so (it's happened couple times and I'm not quite sure of the reason)  ???

Orion

Bots short circuit randomly, just as power cables do. It's hard to come by extra colonists, so there have to be drawbacks to a worker that you can create unlimited of...

Thanks for your input in any case!

Orion

Dr. Stein's Ward

**hold still, this will only hurt for a second**

tresflores

Quote from: Orion on February 01, 2015, 11:42:45 AM
Dr. Stein's Ward

**hold still, this will only hurt for a second**

When will this happen please tell me that would be awsome

Orion

GrumpyLion89

Quote from: Orion on February 01, 2015, 02:55:14 PM
It's a sneak peek for the next version ;)

Interesting! I have given it some thought. I have know knowledge of modding so I hope I am not going to say stupid things here but maybe this are some ideas you can think about:

- I think the shortcircuit mechanic is a good trade-of to the free "man"power in your base, however I think their should be a way to get around that - And that get around should be very expensive

- What about some kind of upgrade system? The first tier can have a lithium battery, if it runs out, it needs to be replaced. Second tier, a solar panel, It needs to be outside during daylight to charge. third tier, a dynamo system, it recharges itself during its jobs.
This can expand in other area's as well, titanium cores for durability, conducted wiring against short-circuiting and so on.

I hope this input is somewhat valuable, I am curious where you are going to take this mod :)

Khaosius789

Quick error, I'm getting a TON of repeat commands when I do a bill at the Machining table, and narrowed it down to this mod. D:

skullywag

Add a building that takes an AI core, without it on the map (very easy to check for) the units still short circuit. Name it AI controller or some such gubbins. Lore is it helps them process their tasks so they dont overload.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?