Help me update Rainbeau's Rational Romance

Started by Zombie_Striker, February 28, 2020, 10:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie_Striker

Hello everyone. Since the creator of Rainbeau's Rational Romance is no longer modding for rimworld, I decided I would try to update the mod. Though I never worked on rimworld modding before, I figured it should be straight forward. I managed to load the project into the IDE and add the two references to the unity dll and the Assembly dll, and that got rid of most of the errors. However, the remaining errors state that there is a "mscorlib" reference that the project is missing. However, when I try to add the dll file, the IDE throws a dialog box saying it is already included.

Now, I know that since I have no experience with rimworld modding this was probably a bad idea, so it would be great if someone else could update it for me. However, if anyone has any suggestions as to why the reference cannot be found, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hjkma

Change the target .NET framework from 3.5 to 4.7

LWM

If your efforts are on (say) GitHub, if you get stuck on something it's much easier for us to look at what you have that way.

And if anyone already has github they can even make suggestions right there.

Good luck; it's an awesome mod and if you need more help, do shout here - someone can usually figure it out.  (thanks hjkma)

Zombie_Striker

Thank you Hjkma. That was the problem.

It seems the code only needed a few tweaks to get it to work on v1.1. If anyone is interested, I've created a github page for the project here:
https://github.com/ZombieStriker/RainbeausRationalRomanceFork

Nomalastor

Hi Zombie_Striker, thank you for your efforts! I just wanted to remind you that some players (me, for example) had a problem with non-dating colonists while using Rainbeau's Rational Romance Mod. Could you perhapse have a look at it?

Zombie_Striker

Sorry for the long delay.
Quote from: Nomalastor on March 07, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
Hi Zombie_Striker, thank you for your efforts! I just wanted to remind you that some players (me, for example) had a problem with non-dating colonists while using Rainbeau's Rational Romance Mod. Could you perhapse have a look at it?
What exactly is the problem with non-dating colonists? Do you mean they don't date at all, or that there is some other issues with colonists dating?

Also, i now have a mod page. You can download my version here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51104.0

LWM

If it's currently just a flat upgrade for 1.1 and nothing related has changed in the base game, then there are problems when colonists try to go on a date or want to go on a flight but don't have easy access to bed, where they do some global search when they shouldn't?

I'm sure someone will tell you in more detail soon enough  ;D ;D ;D

Homez

Quote from: Hjkma on March 01, 2020, 12:32:26 PM
Change the target .NET framework from 3.5 to 4.7

Woah, that's awesome. I was following the tutorial at https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Plague_Gun/Csharp_Assembly_Setup which said we're still using 3.5. I noticed I had to upgrade to at least 4.0 for the thing to compile. Should we update the tutorial to say 4.7 instead of 3.5? Also, how do you know what version of the framework RimWorld is using?

So many libraries we can use now... so much syntactic sugar...

LWM

There's an "UpdatingMods.txt" file in the base RimWorld game folder that describes what needs to be updated to move from 1.0 version to 1.1.....and that's part of it.

...feel free to update anything in the wiki, by the way.

Zombie_Striker

Quote from: LWM on March 14, 2020, 06:43:28 PM
If it's currently just a flat upgrade for 1.1 and nothing related has changed in the base game, then there are problems when colonists try to go on a date or want to go on a flight but don't have easy access to bed, where they do some global search when they shouldn't?

I'm sure someone will tell you in more detail soon enough  ;D ;D ;D
Do you have any more information on this/ the post that first reported this issue? Do you know at which stage of the date this exact issue occurs? Since I only kinda know how it works, It's hard reading everything to try and figure out where this search is.

LWM

I'll start a new colony with RR sooner or later, and then I'm sure I can tell you :)

In the meantime...it's not a breaking bug or anything, so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.

ISTR it happened when colonists were out at an outpost or something and tried to go on a date there - when there were no beds on the map?

Homez

Quote from: LWM on March 15, 2020, 12:42:07 AM
...feel free to update anything in the wiki, by the way.

Done. Thanks for the info!