[MOD] [A9] DK's Mods O' Plenty!

Started by Dante King, March 24, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante King

Adds a new storyteller: Mene Many, she likes to have a big colony and throw a lot of big and bad things and a colony, quickly.
DELETED FOR NOW

Massive buff to the default Charge Rifle
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nwykx5kmox0r0os/AAAmZqRtxDcy_31ilov13ZO3a?dl=0

Dante King

CovertGhost7377

What is there to give advice on? Its pretty straight forward, you buffed the charge rifle.

Dante King

Still, what should I work on next? I need feedback, this was...strange...yet fun, I managed it, but it was difficult, so what should I do next?

SlimeCrusher

Don't worry you're not alone, for some reason the comunity seems to ignore most of my mods, no idea why... I'm starting to think it's because i never implement dll. into my mods...

You can do whatever you wish to do, yea i know it's a "common sense advice", but you will find out you will have more fun doing something you like to do. Maybe try doing a pawn (creature) that spawns in a custom faction, or maybe try making textures for weapons, then adding them ingame  ;).

Dante King

Ok, I will start work on a gun.....I guess......I don't know how to make a NEW gun, I can just copy it, I'm not to good at modding, but, we all start somewhere!

Frazzles

I would start with getting more familiar with the xmls and everything Def, and knowing what you can mod in those, and what is buried in the core game files.

Kaballah

You tweaked the stats on one gun, were you expecting dozens of replies?   :o

Dante King

cythedag

Hey DK, man- You gotta make the mod available in a .7z or .rar or something. Make sure you include a proper directory tree. Just uploading the raw .xml isn't very helpful to someone who doesn't know much about modding to begin with. If I was a newb, I would have no clue as what to do with that xml file to get the mod to work. Just take the mod folder you use for your game, copy and compress it into a archive file. That way all a person has to do is decompress it to their RimWorld Mods folder. I really don't mean any offence with this statement but I have to say it: Make sure you know what you're doing before posting a mod in the "Releases" section. Feel free to PM me if you need any help. Other than that, you can also use the "Help" section in the Mods forum.

Dante King

Wait what? I thought everyone just uploaded the mod, will remember this for future reference! I've been using WinRAR trial version.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: cythedag on March 25, 2015, 05:54:22 AM
Hey DK, man- You gotta make the mod available in a .7z or .rar or something. Make sure you include a proper directory tree. Just uploading the raw .xml isn't very helpful to someone who doesn't know much about modding to begin with. If I was a newb, I would have no clue as what to do with that xml file to get the mod to work. Just take the mod folder you use for your game, copy and compress it into a archive file. That way all a person has to do is decompress it to their RimWorld Mods folder. I really don't mean any offence with this statement but I have to say it: Make sure you know what you're doing before posting a mod in the "Releases" section. Feel free to PM me if you need any help. Other than that, you can also use the "Help" section in the Mods forum.

I can't say it better. I took the new storyteller and just saw an .xml files. I didn't knew what to do with it and throw it to the trash can :( I will wait for your mods to be presented like the others to take them. No offense to but I absolutly didn't knew what to do with just this .xml file o-O

Dante King

Son of a- well then! I am VERY VERY VERY sorry about that, didn't know about the file thing, fixing now!

Mechanoid Hivemind

Is it fixed my friend? Because i would love to have another story teller :D
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.