stock pile next to pod, go to load, they haul from distant stockpile

Started by Bobisme, July 17, 2018, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

I need to send meat to another one of my settlements. Rather than the one pawn travel to my freezer and back a million times, i created a stock pile next to the pod, i set it to critical and said store beef and muffalo meat, they stocked it quick smart.
But now, after saying load pod, they're trying to travel to my freezer and back, i've tried everything i can think of, reduced the stock pile level to low priortity, set both stockpiles to same priority, but they keep ignoring the meat, i thought maybe it was a 'hp' level issue but the hp of both stockpiles is the same, i tried locking my freezer, but now i can't even tell anyone to haul to the pod and pawns tried to eat the raw meat...  :P

There's alot of posts on stock piles...  didn't see one mention this though

Illusion Distort

they will haul from the closest stockpile (relative to them when the haul job starts), this means that if the pawn is freed up while on a stockpile that holds the materials, instead of checking priority, they will start hauling from there, wich can lead to really innefective hauling if the pawn is continually toggeled beween hauling and other tasks.

----------------------------------------
EDIT: *deleted incomprehencive comment*

Bobisme

Yeah, he was pulled from his attempt to eat after the initial haul, the meal was located next to a storage containing more of the things he was to haul, pain in the butt.
Next time i'd say if the issue arrises i will get him to do something completely different and then say haul 'the previous job'.  He should reset n go for the closer one i'd say  :D