[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorebot

Quote from: Linq on July 08, 2017, 03:13:39 AM
-Fixed a minor bug in the patch for pawns breaking up. It might have been able to cause pawns to become ex-spouses with everyone they have any relation to upon getting divorced.

That's not a bug...that's real life. I've seen people essentially excommunicated from their families over a divorce, especially if the family really liked the spouse and the family member was the cause of the divorce. I have an uncle that got divorced after he got caught cheating, he's never invited to family events...his now ex-wife shows up for everyone.

System.Linq

No, it's a bug. When you divorce your wife, everyone you know does not become your ex-wife.

lorebot

Quote from: Linq on July 08, 2017, 03:31:51 AM
No, it's a bug. When you divorce your wife, everyone you know does not become your ex-wife.

They do if they like her better :)

rambo

Quote from: Linq on July 07, 2017, 08:08:59 PM
Is this a bug report or a suggestion?
Its a suggestion because if some one who has no empathy on psyche they wont have the -debuff for anything that didn't happen to them for e.g.  they wont get the 'organ harvested from prisoner' debuff

mrsebseb

With the latest update I get an error on starting up the game:

[HugsLib][ERR] Psychology caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-8:
-Fixed some NPEs for robots, you dirty cheaters.
-Revamped the effect personality has on romance so it's much more consistent and noticeable.
-Modified how experimental pawns are attracted to people who aren't able-bodied/their own age so that it doesn't nerf attractiveness so dramatically, causing much fewer romance attempts.
-Fixed a long-standing bug with how personality nodes are influenced by their parents.

Quote from: rambo on July 08, 2017, 06:10:13 AM
Quote from: Linq on July 07, 2017, 08:08:59 PM
Is this a bug report or a suggestion?
Its a suggestion because if some one who has no empathy on psyche they wont have the -debuff for anything that didn't happen to them for e.g.  they wont get the 'organ harvested from prisoner' debuff
No. People who aren't empathetic are not Psychopaths.

Psy51CK

Greetings and Help please!
Im not able to recruit prisoners or wild animals with this mod on. My Paws are just waiting in front of them and leaving a few time later.
The debug tool say this:
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Cap, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit A=Thing_Human189570, Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Psychology.PsychologyPawn' from assembly 'Psychology, Version=17.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker.Interacted_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.RulePackDef>) <0x00017>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x00368>
at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal/<ConvinceRecruitee>c__AnonStorey26C.<>m__DE () <0x00028>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002d9>
lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=PrisonerAttemptRecruit, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_ChatWithPrisoner
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
RimWorld.<WaitToBeAbleToInteract>c__AnonStorey26B:<>m__DC()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

But besides that its an awesome mod!

System.Linq

You are not using the latest version of Expanded Incidents.

Psy51CK

Yes was clearly my mistake! I somehow didnt copied it properly!
Seems to working now, Thanks!

System.Linq

Soupy Delicious

Hello Linq. Was wondering if there was a way I could make the time-to-tend indicator on the anxiety condition a hidden from the player.  It seems like something that would be slightly unpredictable, and it feels mechanical to know it. If not, then take it as a half thought out idea :D

P.s. Just looking at the small changes you made in your latest comments.  I couldn't know if it's what you're doing or not, but don't backpedal too hastily on systems you've set out, lest you make their effect too lukewarm!  Alright, alright; I'm leaving :P

middlestick

Hello,i have some questions,first the Psyche tab will show up even you use it with a loaded save right?

2nd is i think the "Star-Wars The-Force" mod took the spot for the Psyche tab, or maybe i'm just dumb.

Etherway,thanks for the hard work and thanks for the mod.

System.Linq

Quote from: middlestick on July 09, 2017, 03:47:39 AM
Hello,i have some questions,first the Psyche tab will show up even you use it with a loaded save right?

2nd is i think the "Star-Wars The-Force" mod took the spot for the Psyche tab, or maybe i'm just dumb.

Etherway,thanks for the hard work and thanks for the mod.
Your old pawns are grandfathered in under the old systems unless you edit the save file. New pawns will have psyches.

rambo

Quote from: Linq on July 08, 2017, 07:54:23 PM
Updated to 2017-7-8:
No. People who aren't empathetic are not Psychopaths.
[/quote]
im sorry but people who are not empathetic will not have empathy for other people which in other words they are psychopaths or sociopath (someone who lost their empathy).

mrsebseb

Quote from: rambo on July 09, 2017, 06:31:04 AM
im sorry but people who are not empathetic will not have empathy for other people which in other words they are psychopaths or sociopath (someone who lost their empathy).

No! Psychopaths and sociopaths lack empathy. Not all who lack empathy are psychopaths or sociopaths.