Prisoner with a shattered pelvis; what to do with her?

Started by O Negative, February 15, 2017, 12:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Quote from: Jovus on February 15, 2017, 03:30:55 PM
(Assuming you aren't interested in the dev-console) Euthanize her.

She'll never recover from her injury. Your Rimworld doesn't have the technology to repair or replace her pelvis. Putting her in a cryptosleep casket is just a longer death sentence, since in all likelihood she'll never be found by a faction that could do something about her condition, and the cryptosleep pods fail over time. (Admittedly a very long time, but we're talking very long odds.)

Not necessarily. She might survive until next alpha, and who knows what that brings ? Maybe savegames will be compatible.

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 15, 2017, 06:03:22 PMNot necessarily. She might survive until next alpha, and who knows what that brings ? Maybe savegames will be compatible.
Impossible!  Everybody knows that the crossing between realities is fatal.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

O Negative

Really liking all of the suggestions :D

For those of you who want to know more about who this person is...

I find her backstory and traits quite interesting :)

CrazyEyes

Oh hey, it's Hakuja. She's the de facto leader of my sea ice base right now. You definitely need to take good care of her.  :P
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

Titanite

Quote from: CrazyEyes on February 15, 2017, 04:21:01 PM
Recruit her, stick her in cryptosleep, and then when you build your spaceship take her offworld with you so her injury can be healed when she wakes up.

+2
If Rimworld and factory could have a baby that would be great.

DuckBoy

Hakuja!  Her twin scythe blades, full power armor and depressive nature have ended many of my colonies!

I say give her luciferium for the next five years and see if it mends itself. 

Salawat

This is one of those injuries that really makes me wish Traction Benches were in the game.

Basic treatment basically looks like:

A) Diagnose/treat immediate bleeding.
B) Evaluate nature of fracture.
C) Assemble bracing to orient pelvic remnants
D) immobilize patient and track progress of bone knitting.
E) Physical therapy to deal with any resulting muscle atrophy.

I imagine it could be treated similar to a long running surgery job...  or a surgery that as a result schedules a followup in some period of time to represent the adjusting of the bracing weights and what not.

Bone medicine, as it turns out, is still the most horrifying type of medicine I can contemplate.  There is just something about bones that makes me wince just thinking about it.

Blood?  Gore?  No problem.  Bones?  <cringes>

Thyme

I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak