Hey Ty can we use the Wiki for mods and info on mods?

Started by Ramsis, June 19, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

I mean it's a nice wiki and all but with as much mod content as we have would you be opposed to mod makers posting their stuff in there as long as it's labeled as mod stuff? That or would you have a problem with a RimWorld mod wikia?

Just a thought.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

milon

*Bump*

I'd like to know too.  Mods on the wiki (to me) means:
- Easier to find mods/updates
- More people on the wiki
- More contributors to the rest of the wiki too!
- More mod tutorials on the wiki

EDIT:  :D

TheSilencedScream

While I don't find it difficult to find mods (Igadbod's been doing a fantastic job at keeping his A8 mod list up to date), I do agree that opening it up to mods would generate more traffic to the wiki.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Ramsis

Seeing as this has been necro'd, I must ask Tynan if you'd be willing to finally let us use the wiki for mod information? Just a separated section because honestly at this point I know far fewer people playing vanilla and so many more playing mods, which honestly is a wonderful synergy to see in this community.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Fernbhoy

Can't see why not, although with so much work to be done on it, Someone else will probably have keep it updated.

I'll set up a section ready for anyone to add mods they wish.

Evul

This have been mentioned in this topic on the mod forum:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7037.msg69665#msg69665

If it is added we should keep it to strictly mod author added and don't allow for other user to add a mod list this to avoid outdated mods in the list.

Fernbhoy

Well i've added added the old mod pages we had so lord knows how outdated they are :D

All it is though is a like of how to mod and a link to the mod forum atm.

Ramsis

Quote from: Evul on January 12, 2015, 02:05:20 PM
This have been mentioned in this topic on the mod forum:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7037.msg69665#msg69665

If it is added we should keep it to strictly mod author added and don't allow for other user to add a mod list this to avoid outdated mods in the list.

I'm fine with this.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Tynan

I'd be okay with it as long as there is a system/naming standard that keeps mod-related content strictly separated from vanilla content. I think the DF wiki does this decently.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Evul

Ramsis

Quote from: Tynan on January 12, 2015, 03:11:03 PM
I'd be okay with it as long as there is a system/naming standard that keeps mod-related content strictly separated from vanilla content. I think the DF wiki does this decently.

Well Evul we've been given gold by Tynan, would you be opposed to assisting the modding board into a quick and easy transfer of info to the Wiki itself?

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Fernbhoy

milon

Shouldn't be too hard for those familiar with wikis to create a template and appropriate tag(s).  That should keep things separate enough, yes?

Jaxxa

I would suggest a different mod page for each Alpha, with the main link pointing to the most recent one.

That way when a mod is updated to work with a new alpha the author adds it to the page and the abandoned / not working mods are cleared out automatically (when a new page is made and the link is changed).

milon

Jaxxa, that's pretty brilliant!  I second that idea.