[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Man

Looks like the maintainer role (at least for HelpTab) has been bounced around quite a bit on GitHub. Not sure who officially maintains the releases now and can't find the B18 release either.

kaptain_kavern

Nope, I can confirm it hasn't been updated on the Github, yet

notfood

oh, oops...

Here: B18 ResearchPal HelpTab

I'll make a proper post soon

kaptain_kavern

Fast delivery.

I was already enjoying it via Steam, but haven't said it there:

Thank you for the update!

Topper

yay ! thanks! just needs dubs hygiene and haplos robots to be B18 mod complete.

Edit : I'm gettting an error :ResearchPal :: redundant prerequisites for Microelectronics basics the following research: Electricity.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Topper; that's fine, not really an error, just a warning for mod developers (or apparently, Tynan).

Basically, it means that research A is configured to have B and C as a prerequisite, but B already has C as a prerequisite as well, so there's no point in A having C as a direct prerequisite. The reason the message is there is that such prerequisites would screw up the placement algorithm, but the mod removes the redundant prerequisites automatically.

Topper

ahkk that makes sense...I thought the errors messages were causing the new location for gun turrets on the tech tree but thats wai.

Mst

Could not find anyone else posting this problem, well maybe it is just me, but I keep getting annoying alert sound on every completed research. I even downloaded Metal Gear sound mod to replace them. It did not help, replaced all other alerts except research ones.

LAWolves

-Not writing anything of interest here-

Great mods, so useful, I love it!

frenchiveruti

Hey you broke your promise!  :'(
It overlapped 2 things!

Mr_Man

He hasn't figured out how to fix the overlapping problem yet... been an issue ever since the mod was released.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Mr_Man on December 17, 2017, 03:22:51 PM
He hasn't figured out how to fix the overlapping problem yet... been an issue ever since the mod was released.
Ah I see, Well, I fixed it with issuing a posterior research, as that allows the previous ones to be researched first :)

SpaceDorf

I think it would be easier if the mod would keep the different tabs instead of putting it all on one page.

With too many research options the single page becomes too confusing and single items to hard to find.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 17, 2017, 03:54:56 PM
I think it would be easier if the mod would keep the different tabs instead of putting it all on one page.

With too many research options the single page becomes too confusing and single items to hard to find.
Yeah that's actually a thing that should be in the mod, as rimworld vainilla now supports the tabs, it would be just using those said "tags" for different tabs in this mod.

Canute

Yes and no.
Maybe you can find a certain tech faster when they are seperated into tabs.
But i like the nice hierachy overview. And i don't mind to scroll down, rather then to switch the tabs.