[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exortus

Hi,

I have loaded the updated mod on my existing colony. Most of the problems are gone, but on the second map colony the visitors/traders still will not leave. Passersby are ok.

bonebaby

Some things I noticed while playing around with a current colony after adding the 01f release.

A newborn arrived, everything is fine, at the age of day 1 the newborn became an alcoholic and begins the withdrawal cycle because nobody seems to want to give a baby a beer!?!  LOL  Serriously, I have a one day old alcoholic in the medbay.

I have two new mothers, only one of the two has the "New Mother" thought.

A slaver caravan arrived the other day.  The primary trader for the caravan was six years old.  That's what I call an entrepreneur... hell, at six I think I was still playing with legos, I'm so jelly.

It's an interesting mod so far, thanks for working on it for us!

-BB

Deathawaits4

Quote from: bonebaby on January 29, 2017, 10:19:03 AM
Some things I noticed while playing around with a current colony after adding the 01f release.

A newborn arrived, everything is fine, at the age of day 1 the newborn became an alcoholic and begins the withdrawal cycle because nobody seems to want to give a baby a beer!?!  LOL  Serriously, I have a one day old alcoholic in the medbay.

I have two new mothers, only one of the two has the "New Mother" thought.

A slaver caravan arrived the other day.  The primary trader for the caravan was six years old.  That's what I call an entrepreneur... hell, at six I think I was still playing with legos, I'm so jelly.

It's an interesting mod so far, thanks for working on it for us!

-BB

Holy, i dont think this is intended, but i would not mind if it were.. thats too funny.. different planets different habbits, right?

Scythah

Quote from: bonebaby on January 29, 2017, 10:19:03 AM

I mean, theoretically you should be able to 'administer beer' as an operation if you really want to feed that kid's addiction... kinda messed up though.

bonebaby

Quote from: Scythah on January 29, 2017, 12:19:53 PM
I mean, theoretically you should be able to 'administer beer' as an operation if you really want to feed that kid's addiction... kinda messed up though.

I had considered it, but then I realized something.  It's the perfect detox situation actually, they can't start fights & they can't go get the hooch on their own.  So, I had one cranky baby in the medbay for about a month.  She came through like a champ :P

Something else I noticed was the "lovin'" action seems to start/finish in about 1 second.  Rather than take awile, it seems to happen in an instant.  My colonists are now "very efficient" or need to go see a reproduction specilist for a blue pill to last longer :P  It doesn't seem to have any specific negative effect at the moment.

-BB

easedel

Had my one pawn get pregnant 4 seconds after being married...while in the "celebration" with everyone.

Thirite

@XeoNovaDan
Right, I think I made an oversight when modifying the code related to getting downed from pain- didn't make sure severe pain only downed humanlike children I think.

I recently noticed the Lovin' action taking an absurdly short time as well. Something must have changed between A15 and A16 to cause that, as I haven't touched the code overriding Lovin since.

Right now upset babies don't cause much of an issue, but I will be making them give a negative mood to anyone within earshot when they're unhappy.

Napple

Thirite, Is there anything you can use from this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29847.0 for incorporation of children teaching.

Thirite

I don't plan to make any in depth teaching mechanics apart from the previously mentioned textbooks which colonists (typically children) will be able to read to gain experience up to level 5.

Edit: Today I learned how to properly save variables to the save file using ExposeData. One more step away from being a script kiddie

auamoti

Id really like to children scared of the dark - stronger child darkness debuff & potential cowering.   as they get older not so much.  superawesome mod much appreciated.  i know you are focused on core stuff right now, just wanted to suggest.

LycanBlackpaw

Is there any kind of ETA for a compatibility between this and the Humanoid Aliens framework? I want to use this mod but I use Orassans, so

grifo

Quote from: easedel on January 29, 2017, 01:59:44 PM
Had my one pawn get pregnant 4 seconds after being married...while in the "celebration" with everyone.

Why not?  :D

Thirite

@auamoti
That's actually a really good idea that could be implemented quite easily if I'm not wrong.

@LycanBlackpaw
The implications of making them work together would require large changes to the Alien Framework to also support alien children. And I really have less than zero interest in making my mod compatible with something as degenerate as furries.

metky

Quote from: easedel on January 29, 2017, 01:59:44 PM

Sounds like a shotgun wedding!

Jstank

Just downloaded it and am playing around with it! Great mod! I have a suggestion, a very minor suggestion. Is it possible to remove the shared room debuff with a positive moodlet for the mother or father to share a room with the baby.

Note the mother is a psychopath. I am not sure if this effects it.

Thanks!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux