[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Ramsis

OH BOY YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE WAKING UP TO? Drama on the forum, oh jeez it's almost as relaxing as that fresh cup of tears straight from the source.

Alright you gaggle of idiots, and I'm using this as a full blown shut up and listen to the admin situation so any idiocy past this point may result in temp bans! Yay temp bans!

Look if you have something to say about "oh my goodness this mod is wrong or gross the door is right there. No seriously, from this point on please report any whining or griping because I won't be as friendly about it from here on in. Thirite is entitled to make THEIR MOD however THEY WANT. It's within our rules, it's following standards, and unless someone is noticing something completely off the wall shush.

IRT Furry anything: Again, Thirite is allowed to do whatever they want in this scenario. If the homie doesn't like furries and that makes 'em not want to update to support a mod or twelve that's their right as a mod maker and nobody has the right to tell them otherwise. Am I personally anti-furry? No, I'm the kinda guy who just wants people to live their lives while I stay out of it. Is the drama getting to be too much for me at this point? Yeah... yeah it is.

@Thirite: Stop being an instigating prick. You know what you're doing <3 stop it. Make your mod, stop feeding into the trolling, stop trolling people yourself because holy crap it's too obvious for it's own good, just chill man. You have a problem you ping report them and I will step in and start slapping people around, but at this point you're starting to dig a grave. Just let me do my job, don't do my job for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also your starting post of the thread please VERY PLAINLY mention that any use of certain mods, and name them, will result in crashes if used with your mod.

Friggen woke up to 16 reports, most from random people and about 42 individual PM's complaining about this thread. Seriously? I mean the reports I'm happy about, please report every little post you want there is no such thing as a bad report, but the PM's whining about personal opinions and wanting people removed... cmooooooooooooooooooon.

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Ruisuki

Will there eventually be a patch to make it compatible with facial stuff and hat mods? Thats whats stopping me from trying this out, as tempting as it is.

Thirite

@Ramsis
I'll update the OP but for clarity's sake the code should never have crashed the game. If it did that's entirely unintentional; the code was designed to stop children and pregnancy from successfully loading. Which I tested and confirmed to do entirely as intended if it found a mod name matching "Rimjobworld". I honestly never expected any drama here, since I figured only 4chan users would be the only ones using such a mod- one that I was informed and was shown gifs of working with mine to allow pederasty. So I guess I'm pretty fucking disappointed in the community right now.

@Ruisuki
Likely not. There will undoubtedly eventually be a patch for Alien Races but no others are planned.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Thirite on March 05, 2017, 07:30:35 PM
@Ramsis
I'll update the OP but for clarity's sake the code should never have crashed the game. If it did that's entirely unintentional; the code was designed to stop children and pregnancy from successfully loading. Which I tested and confirmed to do entirely as intended if it found a mod name matching "Rimjobworld". I honestly never expected any drama here, since I figured only 4chan users would be the only ones using such a mod- one that I was informed and was shown gifs of working with mine to allow pederasty. So I guess I'm pretty fucking disappointed in the community right now.

@Ruisuki
Likely not. There will undoubtedly eventually be a patch for Alien Races but no others are planned.
Aw thats disappointing to hear. Is it an issue of adding more work on your end or something that would involve the authors of those mods?

Thirite

Yeah, it would create a lot of overhead work for me making compatches when my mod isn't even done. The biggest thing would be mucking around in other people's code and trying to combine their's with mine without breaking either one's functionality.

Jager

Hey Thirite, good mod man this is revolutionary work right here good job. I saw your mod get mentioned on a steam discussion and thought I'd check it out. Pretty good so far with little to no bugs encountered. Continue the great work!
k.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Jager on March 06, 2017, 10:37:17 PM
Hey Thirite, good mod man this is revolutionary work right here good job. I saw your mod get mentioned on a steam discussion and thought I'd check it out. Pretty good so far with little to no bugs encountered. Continue the great work!
Maybe one day when this is complete FS and AWWH can play together in perfect harmony . I can dream...

edit: woops wrong quote

thedarkclaw

Awesome looking mod.
I've been dying to try it out but was playing with a bunch of incompatible mods, until I finally decide to forego them and give this one a try. Now... a proud (and much worried) owner parent of two baby colonists in my latest run.

One question:
Does giving birth, getting pregnant and related events get tracked in the colony "log". Ie: will these events show up as inspiration for art descriptions later on?

skullywag

Im gonna post this here as I posted it on the DRM poll. Thirite, that mod was written against the main core game, not your mod, your mod opens up and unintended interaction, is it therefore your job to be malicious in your code to stop that interaction? answer: no it is not, you could of handled this in numerous other ways. Im not saying I agree with what the other mod opens up in the base game but I wont use said mod so I dont care. you dont for example even know if at the time you got those gifs if the other modder in question was even aware of this interaction...

We get unknown interactions between mods all the time that open up game breaking exploits and stuff like that, reacting to this as fast and as maliciously as you did was the wrong choice here imo.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Xena

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for this mod! Completely love the mechanics behind this and can't wait to see what C&P's future holds :) 

Have yet to download v0.1j - still using v0.1i - over concerns of crashing and whatnot that I read in previous posts but I shall follow the progress with excited anticipation!  ;D

Facepunch

Would it be difficult to modify the age at which children become full colonists? I'm a pretty big fan of realism, but I've only had one colony go on for 14 years.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Facepunch on March 08, 2017, 12:02:35 AM
Would it be difficult to modify the age at which children become full colonists? I'm a pretty big fan of realism, but I've only had one colony go on for 14 years.

What happens at the 14-year-old-rollover, anyway? All my 4-13 year-olds have been able to do all the chores; I haven't had a chance to playtest the rollover process yet.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Ruisuki

Quote from: Tammabanana on March 08, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

What happens at the 14-year-old-rollover, anyway? All my 4-13 year-olds have been able to do all the chores; I haven't had a chance to playtest the rollover process yet.
they just do it slower before then?

metky

I know a growth vat is on the to-do list and I imagine (couldn't find details) that it could be used for cherry-picking your child's age. It'd be great if it had a mechanic where you could put a colonist of any age in the vat to speed up growth until you released (with some high-risk complications).