[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Rimrue is right about how they describes the growth vat working- that's how I have it planned to work. I mentioned it somewhere before on this thread, but this is one of the longest threads on the forum now- so not gonna fault anyone for missing something or asking questions that have already been answered.

Xenophobe

Can't you add an option in that can choose how long you want the child aging to be, or will that be game breaking?

For example like you can change the aging from 1 day to ∞ years, etc, etc.

lionessJess

The never ending birthing is still a thing btw  :)

Thirite

@Xenophobe
I'll probably add in an options menu for different timescale modes eventually. Right now I want to find an all around middleground that works best at default. Then users could later select "fast development" in the options or something.

@lionessJess
Ah crud. I'll have to do a bunch of debugging to figure out the root of this. Pregnancy works perfectly fine when I add the HumanPregnancy hediff in devmode, single birth and all. Clearly something is not functioning as intended.

Sniper Pilot

lionessJess

Quote from: Sniper Pilot on June 18, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

Are you running any other mods?

Yeah, I just assumed since it's been mentioned before here that it was just to do with Children and Pregnancy, I shall test without mods and see.

Thirite

That would be a great help. Knowing if it's a mod conflict or if it's an internal bug would be useful info. That said, any mods that don't use assemblies (you can easily check by looking in a mod folder and seeing if it has an "Assembly" subfolder) won't affect the result of this kind of test so it wouldn't matter if those were running as well.

PS: I'm going to be MIA for about a week. Going to the US and probably won't have time/access for wifi. So this is going to be put on hold until I'm back. Cheers

GIFShinobi

Quote from: Thirite on June 20, 2017, 11:26:28 AM
That would be a great help. Knowing if it's a mod conflict or if it's an internal bug would be useful info. That said, any mods that don't use assemblies (you can easily check by looking in a mod folder and seeing if it has an "Assembly" subfolder) won't affect the result of this kind of test so it wouldn't matter if those were running as well.

PS: I'm going to be MIA for about a week. Going to the US and probably won't have time/access for wifi. So this is going to be put on hold until I'm back. Cheers

While you're out i'm going to make your mod more popular haha . . . Also Have fun and safe journey!

jeromes09

Great mod! I love finally having a family dynamic (not just, "he's my grandda cause I said so!") and a reason to keep a colony going. Let us know if you need any help with certain features or testing! I'm sure plenty of people bug you about their problems but this is a pretty huge project and you've already made a lot of progress. Let us know how we can help if there is a specific task!

GIFShinobi

Just to clear things up I am not that guy that posted this mod in steam. I have more sense than that. When I said that i'll make this mode famous. I meant that I'll be showing it off in my youtube videos. I knew from A16 even before that the Thirite didn't this mod to be released in steam. So to who ever is Chris.P.Bacon in steam yeah bruh that ain't me.

If you guys appreciate this mod and Thirite's work help us get this guy to remove this mod in steam! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952381235

Xenophobe

Now I wait for this mod to not conflict with Alien Framework and then I can enjoy the true Rimworld experience.

GIFShinobi

I know you're somewhere traveling right now but I found a small bug. It seems that even if the child is created by a legitimate father, the baby still labels the father as its step father . . which is weird . . . anyways the bug can wait till you get back from your travels. Be safe!

Rimrue

Finally got a baby in my game (my pawns just wouldn't shack up! Lol) and am wondering, is there a way to build the crib yet? I thought I saw that it was working now.

Thanks!

GIFShinobi

Quote from: Rimrue on June 25, 2017, 03:50:29 AM
Finally got a baby in my game (my pawns just wouldn't shack up! Lol) and am wondering, is there a way to build the crib yet? I thought I saw that it was working now.

Thanks!

No cribs yet from what i've noticed.

HunterAlpha1

Hey, great mod, though I'm having an issue where my baby is going through an endless cycle of just standing there and collapsing from exhaustion.  He still can't move even though he's on his knees. 

EDIT: ok nvm he can move around but he won't sleep he just stands there until he collapses from exhaustion.  He is also totally joy deprived.  He even went berserk once so I had to literally punch a baby. 

EDIT EDIT: I tried moving the mod to later in my load order and that seems to have fixed it, no idea what mod was conflicting.