Faction Traits/ Faction Leader Traits

Started by Keychan, March 06, 2015, 01:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keychan

With the introduction of faction leaders, which I believe have no play in the game as of Alpha 9e, it would be great if they have their own personalities that affect the faction.  If you have a world with two or more pirate bands, they're exactly the same, they hate everyone and everyone hates them.  Imagine if the traits of the leaders affected their tactics and behavior, same with Tribes and Outlanders.

Trait examples for faction leaders

>Reckless - This leader is all about bulk and quantity.  Low quality and less equipment, but attack in greater numbers and always immediately.
>Combat Veteran - This leader knows a defense and is always ready for battle.  Colony is well equipped combat-wise.  (New mechanic?)  During attacks, some enemy pawns with have siege ladders/ropes, once built allows climbing over single and double walls, slowly of course.  He/She knows a fortified defense when she sees one (Killboxes).
>Cannibal - This leader believes eating others makes them stronger, dog eat dog world.  As a friendly, loves to take fresh human corpses from you/willing to trade for them/trades human goods?.  As a hostile, higher prioritizing of taking wounded and corpse when fleeing or leaving.
>Diplomatic - This leader can be believes in cooperation before action.  Allows more frequent negotiations, may threaten an attack and allow you to pay them off.  Or will have the delayed attacks (where they wander around in an area before they attack) and asks for a negotiation to pull back his forces.
>Peace Keeper - This leader is dislikes fighting and will try to befriend you in many manners.  As a friendly, provides an active trading system and many visitors.  As an enemy, will try to give you many negotiable options to raise relationships, discounted 'bribes' event for example.  Will still attack you, to keep their own peace and safety, but would prefer to avoid it.
>Loyal - This leader is very loyal to his allies, a great ally, a scary enemy.  This leader will not befriend a newly built colony over older ones.  Must befriend his allies before he befriends you.  Becoming hostile with his ally will break friendly relation. As a friendly, will have more frequent reinforcements during raids.  As an enemy, if their ally, (also a hostile faction), raids you, expect them to be fighting along side with them.

By giving the Faction Leader's traits rather than the faction itself one, that mean killing/kipnapping them during visits/raids would give the faction a new leader, thus new traits.  Also, some factions won't have some traits, imagine a Peace Keeper pirate leader.

tresflores

i think this is a great idea one vary much like this popd into my head when i checked out the new faction screen

Shinzy

Oo these kind of traits would be fantastic when the other faction stuffs get fleshed out more

especially the leader having some effect on the faction, imagine your long time ally getting new leader for whatever reason and they end up being the most disagreeable piece of ship to sail

Kegereneku

Just came to point out that some of us don't want a hierarchy in their refuge/colony or (edit:like) to roleplay some sort of pseudo-Anarchy.
And I don't think you need to impose a leader since ultimately you can manage which colonist contact outsider.

My suggestion on the matter :
- Ability to change ourself the 'role' of any colonist (like Sniper, healer or chief).
- Gamelogic & tales system would then remember it.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Keychan

Your free to play your colony anyway you want, you don't need a colony leader or have to be trapped in any specific role, but this idea was to make other factions have more life to them.  Tribe Chiefs, Pirate Leaders, and Outlander Mayors are already implemented into the game, to give them a real purpose or meaning to the game was my drive for this suggestion.  You can easily ignore all the politics and relations and game-play would run similarly with just some added events.  I wasn't suggesting your own colony has to have a leader if that's what you thought.  If you want to be the best muffalo hat making colony in the galaxy, but found that human leather and flesh sell better on the market, it's not up to a 'leader' but for you to change.  You control your own colony, but other factions can be stale and one dimensional.  Other factions would be more lively if they themselves had a drive to them other that kill, raid, kidnap (what are they going to do with all these people?), visit, etc.

BetaSpectre

Faction quirks would be an interesting flair.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Kegereneku

Ah yes just reread, indeed you were talking of other faction leader.

It's just that there's been some suggestions lately for 'democratic election'. Nevermind then.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !