Changing weight of silver?

Started by sjarking, December 04, 2016, 11:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjarking

I tried my hand on some recommended mods on a list on Steam, the mods work fine and everything.

There's just one problem. Silver now weights 1kg per piece, and every time traders arrive they are extremely encumbered by the silver. We're talking it takes them a week inside my map to reach my base, if not longer! 9/10 times at least one person goes berserk because they can't take it any more, and you can imagine how long it takes them to leave - which increases chances of mental break.

I tried looking up on the wiki and how to edit the XML files, but while I did a XML file that contained information about silver, there was nothing about its weight there and my google-fu isn't strong enough apparently.

I looked on the mods I have, and from appearances none them ought to be changing the weight. So at a bit of a loss to be honest.

Is there an easy way for me to chance the weight, or do I have to go the long way?

There is no weight in the game at all.  The only limits are stack sizes, which carry capacity has a 1:1 relationship with.

So, everything "weighs" one unit.  Pawns can carry up to "x" units.

If a mod adds more silver to a caravan, the total "weight" will increase by the amount of silver added.

Since everything in the caravan is split across all the pawns in the caravan (the system tries to pick pack animals first, however), then some pawns could very well be encumbered when they spawn.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.