[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

DarkTemplarlord

For some reason my colonist wont able plant Omnigel plants. they come to do planting next to planting zone but then nothing happens.

Dragoon

Quote from: DarkTemplarlord on December 21, 2014, 09:15:05 AM
For some reason my colonist wont able plant Omnigel plants. they come to do planting next to planting zone but then nothing happens.

Do you have this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

DarkTemplarlord

Quote from: Dragoon on December 21, 2014, 11:47:36 AM
Quote from: DarkTemplarlord on December 21, 2014, 09:15:05 AM

Do you have this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 ?

Yes and no. i didint use any other mod to test how this Omnigel mod worked with the Enhanced Defence Core mod and planting didint work for some reason. But yea i using that mod and several others

Ickum

I would build the shield generators and whenever they would finish, upon completion the blueprint would vanish, and no building would appear, eating my 500 silver and 100 metal.  Any idea what the dealio is?

Jaxxa

People having trouble with Omnigel  and Shields, Can you please check that you have the core mod enabled and it is loading above all the other modules in the load order.

Igabod

Quote from: Jaxxa on December 22, 2014, 03:01:25 AM
People having trouble with Omnigel  and Shields, Can you please check that you have the core mod enabled and it is loading above all the other modules in the load order.

I'm curious why you even have a core mod. Couldn't you just put the .dll in each respective mod to avoid this problem? I ask purely as a modder who may not be well informed enough to understand the reasoning behind this. I personally would just put an assemblies folder in each of the mods with a copy of the .dll file in each of them.

DarkTemplarlord

I used better modloader mod and now Omnigel is working when i putted core mod top of the list. I recomend to use that modloader mod

Jaxxa

Quote from: DarkTemplarlord on December 22, 2014, 08:52:01 AM
I used better modloader mod and now Omnigel is working when i putted core mod top of the list. I recomend to use that modloader mod
Glad that helped.

Quote from: Igabod on December 22, 2014, 03:17:07 AM
I'm curious why you even have a core mod. Couldn't you just put the .dll in each respective mod to avoid this problem? I ask purely as a modder who may not be well informed enough to understand the reasoning behind this. I personally would just put an assemblies folder in each of the mods with a copy of the .dll file in each of them.

That may be possible, and I may do that in the future.
The reason that I haven't done that so far is:

• It makes more sense to me to only have it once.
  • It is quicker and easier to only update one .dll when publishing a release version.
  • Less chance that I could miss updating a .dll and cause an older version to be loaded for some people
  • I don't know how rimworld handles duplicate .dll's, it may be loading everything multiple times and I don't know if that could have memory / stability implications.

Granted nothing on the list is defiantly stops this from working.

Oga88

Jaxxa thanks for your work it is amazing ;)

can you look into making a quick change in the emotions of colonist when you sell prisoners. I just dont get it why must they negative about it.

Shields and embrasure are must have mods, thanx!!!

Oga88

Jaxxa

Quote from: Oga88 on December 24, 2014, 12:46:03 PM
Jaxxa there is a bug in ED-Stargate

Whoops, I meant to remove that from the release version.
That is something that I am still working on.

Probably best if no one uses that yet.

DarkTemplarlord

Also ED-Plants24H mod dosent seem work at least PlantDevilstrand has still over 40 day grown time while other plant have less but they still dont grow in 24H even with help of sunlamp

Professor Cupcake

Any chance of making it so that colonists can shoot out through diagonal embrasures (when the two adjacent walls are solid), or is that out of the scope of a mod?

BinaryBlackhole

I Installed the mod and enabled it but I cant use it do I have to  put the modules in the mods folder separately.

OmegariusWolf

How does the stargate work, it only seams to make my game crash wen i try to build it