[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Can you test this? I made some changes. It has its own research behind Electricity. It requires components as fuel. Roughly 1 component repairs 200hp. I think it's balanced but I'm used to HardcoreSK balance... Maybe the fuel and power values need some tweaking.

Beta Mending_0.14.0.1

Optional CCL Makes only consume energy when it's being used.

If you load it without CCL it throws an error you can ignore, but why aren't you using CCL?

bess666

Quote from: notfood on July 26, 2016, 03:33:52 AM
Can you test this? I made some changes. It has its own research behind Electricity. It requires components as fuel. Roughly 1 component repairs 200hp. I think it's balanced but I'm used to HardcoreSK balance... Maybe the fuel and power values need some tweaking.

Beta Mending_0.14.0.1

If you load it without CCL it throws an error you can ignore, but why aren't you using CCL?

I do not want to use CCL. Only mod need no additions

notfood

Understandable. To make the error go away if you aren't using CCL delete the folder Mending/Defs/ModHelperDefs

bess666

Quote from: notfood on July 26, 2016, 04:05:18 AM
Understandable. To make the error go away if you aren't using CCL delete the folder Mending/Defs/ModHelperDefs

Thanks for good job. I removed the components of fuel and reduced energy consumption to 200w

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

MadMartigan

Warforyou

Quote from: bess666 on July 26, 2016, 04:28:35 AM
Quote from: notfood on July 26, 2016, 04:05:18 AM

Thanks for good job. I removed the consumption of fuel and reduced energy consumption to 200w

Something weird happens when I try to load this mod on my Colony. All my colonists except one just disappear from "Work" tab and stand still further on...

notfood

Oh, it needs a new colony. It adds a new worktype called mend. I wanted to remove it but for a quick update it'd have taken longer.

Warforyou

Quote from: notfood on July 26, 2016, 02:34:07 PM
Oh, it needs a new colony. It adds a new worktype called mend. I wanted to remove it but for a quick update it'd have taken longer.
Got it! Ty for updating  :)

Zxypher

Quote from: notfood on July 26, 2016, 03:33:52 AM

Beta Mending_0.14.0.1

Wow, I'm so happy you updated this mod. Thank you for your work!

kybalion

Thanks to notfood for the update, and thanks bess666 for removing the component fuel cost. The bench is too indiscriminate in what gets repaired to be such a huge waste of components, I didn't realize that was what the original update was using for fuel and suddenly my base was completely empty of components.

notfood

Yeah... It could use some balance. What do you think it's an appropiate value?

bess666

Quote from: notfood on July 27, 2016, 03:48:50 AM

Your version of  mod with  components of a balance. My version is closer to the original mod. I think the balance is not necessary to change.  :)

kybalion

Quote from: notfood on July 27, 2016, 03:48:50 AM

I'm quite happy to use it as I always have without any sort of fuel at all. That said I think what could be appropriate would be it needing whatever material the item being mended is made of. I mostly use it to mend clothing, so that could be cloth. But then it can also mend weapons which wouldn't be cloth. So the only idea I can offer is for it to be dependent on the item being mended, but again I'm happy with it having no cost besides labor. Maybe a higher labor cost?

But like bess666 I wasn't looking for changes, just an update, and I'm grateful to both of you that I now have it.

Seinne

Could you force it to use cloth, instead of components? You can rationalize it as the cloth being spun into thread to mend everything. I'd rather have that then components.

Warforyou

Quote from: Seinne on July 27, 2016, 07:49:46 AM
Could you force it to use cloth, instead of components? You can rationalize it as the cloth being spun into thread to mend everything. I'd rather have that then components.
That's it! I approve