We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

This topic is great for modders. Especially the weirdest one.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

GarettZriwin

Make ammo micromanagament of Combat Realism mod part of the vanilla game.  :P

dv

As a step up from "Berserk" have pawns commit suicide.

Beautiful or vain pawns with physical deformities are more likely to do it. Also prosthophobes with prostheses.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Thyme on January 16, 2017, 01:53:22 PM
Infectonator. Boomrat mode

What does that mean? Anything caught in a boomrat's explosion becomes explosive themselves?

Thyme

Kind of. It's meant to be the name of the scenario, if this got implemented:
Quote from: Eric on January 15, 2017, 09:07:53 PM
Boomrat mode, where instead of colonists you control three crash landed boom rats on a world full of people who blow up when they die.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Britnoth

1. Add a magical race to the game that can teleport into your bedrooms and murder you as you sleep.

2. Allow wild animals to walk up to your colonists and murder them whilst your automated defences - that can tell the difference between hostile humans and neutral visitors look on. Watching your colonist being mauled to death. Because "animals are stealthy yo".

3. Make medicine as effective as spitting on your infected wound - because who doesn't like having half the colony die to plague even when you have an experienced surgeon with modern drugs looking after everyone?

4. Let human pawns eat raw corpses when they go 12 hours without eating. Micromanaging every colonist whilst on normal speed is the best way to play the game.

5. Why not have pawns with extremely high moods go on mental breaks regardless? That makes a good story right? Or maybe have them do crazy stuff like hiding in their rooms because they dislike their bedroom, or because they decided to eat a raw human corpse they go on a food binge and dig in for seconds.

6. Or just have pawns just randomly attack each other regardless, even when perfectly happy. We can call it personal fight or something. Let even pacifists do it, because why should being unable to fight not let them fight?

Hmmmmmm.

::)

RolanDecoy

Allow a chance for the Storyteller to be engaged in an argument with another Storyteller with the possibility of the original just walking away and the new one to continue the story.

NeverPire

Quote from: RolanDecoy on January 17, 2017, 02:28:33 AM
Allow a chance for the Storyteller to be engaged in an argument with another Storyteller with the possibility of the original just walking away and the new one to continue the story.
Already possible, in the option you can, during a game, change the storyteller.

Houkime

1. Laundry and washing dishes.
2. "Research binge" when a pawn starts researching random technology till it drops.
3. "Bedroom construction break" when an upset pawn builds a bedroom for itself afar from main colony if it does not like its bedroom.
4. "Table construction break" when an upset pawn builds a table if it was eating without a table for more than a season.
5. Rebellion, when colony assigns a leader for itself and AI engages till the leader dies.
6. Running in circles arond base as a form of recreation.
7. Scheduled physical training early in the morning when all pawns make circles around base.
8. Oversleeping pawns.
9. "Discipline" parameter which affects chances of pawn prioritizing work and not slacking around.
10. Punishment system to raise that discipline. "Without a dinner today, Gregory"
11. TV, horseshoe pins and billiardis addictions.

RolanDecoy

Quote from: NeverPire on January 17, 2017, 01:10:03 PM
Already possible, in the option you can, during a game, change the storyteller.

As player, and as a setting, but what if the Storyteller changes without your consent?

Al-Horesmi

Quote from: Britnoth on January 17, 2017, 02:26:25 AM
Or maybe have them do crazy stuff like hiding in their rooms because they dislike their bedroom, or because they decided to eat a raw human corpse they go on a food binge and dig in for seconds.
"You want me to live in THIS room? YOU WANT ME TO SLEEP IN A 2 sq. m. COFFIN? ...Fine! I WILL LIVE IN THIS FREAKING ROOM. OH WHAT IS THAT? A RAID? NO, I'M GOING TO LIVE IM MY 2 sq. m. ROOM AS YOU TOLD ME. GO KILL YOUSELF."
I do stuff like that when I have mental breakdowns.

NeverPire

Quote from: Al-Horesmi on January 17, 2017, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: Britnoth on January 17, 2017, 02:26:25 AM
Or maybe have them do crazy stuff like hiding in their rooms because they dislike their bedroom, or because they decided to eat a raw human corpse they go on a food binge and dig in for seconds.
"You want me to live in THIS room? YOU WANT ME TO SLEEP IN A 2 sq. m. COFFIN? ...Fine! I WILL LIVE IN THIS FREAKING ROOM. OH WHAT IS THAT? A RAID? NO, I'M GOING TO LIVE IM MY 2 sq. m. ROOM AS YOU TOLD ME. GO KILL YOUSELF."
I do stuff like that when I have mental breakdowns.
To get a mental breakdown doesn't mean to be logic, it should evem more mean the opposite.

Barazen

Whats the logic of staying in a coffin during a raid? Make a neat cleanup?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

RolanDecoy

There is no reason for your people to give those raiders a hard time. They are just hard workers like everybody else. And sure, they may end up killing you, but from what I've seen some of my own people do a fine job of that just by themselves ;-p

O Negative

A raid event that never ends. Instead of the "enemies are fleeing" you get "enemies have called in reinforcements."

The raid doesn't end until all of your colonists are dead.