We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 16, 2017, 08:32:44 PM
There is an extremely rare chance of a friendly mechanoid faction that will deploy on top of any raiders that dare cross your colony, and these friendly mechanoids will be pink, and have 99.367x more health and 1.447x more speed than ordinary mechanoids - for example:

One peg-legged drifter with a 22% awful marble club? There could well be a surprise consisting of a mix of 5 pink centipedes and 4 really bright pink scythers to absolutely make sure that the poor peg-legger gets absolutely obliterated.

Or if you're getting a massive infestation in your 12 year-old mountain base? It's all good, the friendly neighbourhood mechanoids will smash through the overhead mountain underneath which these nasty hives lurk, and they'll provide a complimentary exterminator service.

Additionally, it's impossible for colonists and friendlies to be friendly-fired by these friendly mechanoids, so your people and pets can walk straight into the hellfire that is 50 inferno cannon centipedes, and come out utterly unscathed. You can also give a friendly scyther some yayo, and there's a really good chance that it'll join your colony, and will act as a colonist. Even better, it has its health multiplied by 10, and only adds ONE silver to your colony's overall wealth!

I like the overal balance of this one, but I would prefer if the centipedes where rainbow colored.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Thirite

On higher difficulties, pausing the game only pauses your colonists- raiders will keep moving/attacking but at half speed. Conversely, speeding up the game only makes raiders go faster.

O Negative

If any of your original colonists die, the map regenerates, and you have to start from scratch. Like living in an infinite time loop.

XeoNovaDan

There's a chance that certain meals will do certain things...

Nutrient Paste Meals: There's a high chance that one of these will turn into a 'glop monster' which has very high stats and resistances, but poor movement. Anybody that sees it gets a strong negative moodlet (perhaps -25?) called 'observed awful monster', and that moodlet lasts for 2 seasons. Chances are just ridiculously high if you play with Cassandra Classic, highly fluctuative if you play with Randy Random, and non-existent if you play with Phoebe Chillax.

Simple Meals: Nothing will happen. Simple meals are just plain, dull, generic food items which your colonists may consume on a day-to-day basis - oh wait, Simple Meals have a chance of setting the joy need to 0% and putting all joy tolerances at 85%, with chances scaling with difficulty.

Pemmican: Pretty straightforward: there's a chance that a horde of any triballs will spawn whenever and wherever pemmican is consumed, and this raid will have three times the points of your ordinary raid. Minimum points that this raid can be set at is 8,000.

Fine Meals: There's a random chance that a fine meal will turn all fine meals in its radius into smokeleaf joints... but these aren't ordinary smokeleaf joints... I can't say any more than that, or I get the stick from Sylvester's Secret Stoned on Smokeleaf Department... k

Lavish Meals: Highly random chance that when a lavish meal is consumed, it'll transform into an unbelievably beautiful humanlike creature of both genders (yet taking on a strong appearance of a female), which'll go around randomly giving +50 thoughts to any colonists - and these thoughts last a year, 6 days, and 16 hours. Lavish meals also automatically grant their room the 'unbelievably impressive' impressiveness rank, but they'll become 'awful' once a lavish meal rots in that room too. Whenever a Lavish Meal is being cooked, a map condition called 'herbs and spices' can be created - especially on Randy Random and Phoebe Chillax - and this map condition will pacify any raiders (including insects and mechanoids) that enter the region in a 5-hex/pent radius on the globe, and give everybody a +20 moodlet. Also any psychic drone event will automatically become a psychic soothe, and trader prices will drop harder than that... lavish creature's drawers..?

other ideas

Butchering Creatures: So you've got your cook, casually hacking apart that muffalo you hunted last night... how would the rest of the muffalo feel? There's a chance that from butchering any creature; a mass insanity event will be triggered of that creature kind - shot and butchered that squirrel that looked at your external storage of berries with its bulging eyes? Prepare to be overrun by a horde of angry squirrels! Furthermore, this can be taken one step further, and a manhunter pack of 3x the ordinary size will carve a trail of destruction through your colony - wait, what's that? did you say 'squirrel-' AGHHH!!! *cut*

Harvesting Crops: In the garden, casually harvesting rice from that ludeoncrously lucrative patch of rich soil... wait, wait, wait: how do you think the crops feel as contaminated colonist hands rip them from the very earth which they've bonded with - without provocation or cause? There's a chance that all crops of that type will launch themselves at colonists (pretty much pack animal revenge on yayo and smokeleaf), inflicting mood debuffs for them - but bystanders will find this rather amusing, and herbivores will also be assaulting affected colonists... with their tongues!

b0rsuk

Pedal powered power generator, for those colonists who are effectively useless. No hauling, no cleaning - GET ON THE BIKE, YOU LAZY ASS!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

O Negative

I've actually considered making one of those for myself.

I agree with SpaceDorf, that idea is indeed not a horrible one ;)

Thyme

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on February 18, 2017, 02:39:13 AM
Pemmican: Pretty straightforward: there's a chance that a horde of any triballs will spawn whenever and wherever pemmican is consumed, and this raid will have three times the points of your ordinary raid. Minimum points that this raid can be set at is 8,000.

Neat ideas, tho I have a question for Pemmican: Does that mean they'll drop pod land right on the spot where pemmican is consumed? Gotta build my dining room in a killbox ...
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Thyme on February 19, 2017, 03:41:49 AM
Does that mean they'll drop pod land right on the spot where pemmican is consumed?

Not even drop pod land, they'll just spawn right on the spot where it's consumed for as little reaction time as possible. Not to forget to mention there will be at least ~140-160 of them because 8,000 points minimum

Barazen

Whenever a colonist goes on a binge, they can trigger other colonists to binge with them, starting with other addicts, then chemical interest- etc etc.

Better hope your smokeleaf and beer stockpiles are big enough
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Thyme

Any creature explodes when downed/killed. If downed, explosion is strong enough to kill the creature. Better get along with pyromaniac wanderers.

PS: ~140-160 tribals raids now self destruct more easily, possibly vaporising the nearby kitchen.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Thyme on February 20, 2017, 09:39:25 AM
Any creature explodes when downed/killed. If downed, explosion is strong enough to kill the creature. Better get along with pyromaniac wanderers.

PS: ~140-160 tribals raids now self destruct more easily, possibly vaporising the nearby kitchen.

This is already a thing, actually. An option in the scenario editor to have pawns explode on death, even includes a modifier for how big the explosion will be.

Thyme

Barazen

The idea to post that then, was the worst idea ye-

You brilliamt bastard.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Brutetal

- Pawns will now pee on their opponents if they won a social fight (so the other pawn's downed).
This will give the "winner" a +10 "showed dominance" buff whilst the loser gets a -20 "received golden shower" debuff.

- If a pawn kills another in a social fight, he will "teabag" him. Gives the winner a +10 "1337 skillz" boost and everyone who saw it a -10 debuff for "watching a total jerk".

- Pawns can have some sort of messaging system via comms console.
They can be assigned to "troll other colonies" which can, with every troll post, trigger a raid of that faction. Trolling other pawns will start immediate social fights.