Expanded Prisoner Behaviour

Started by dStreamline, June 25, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dStreamline

It would be useful to designate a common room area for prisoners to be able to eat/perform joy activities. Without their beds all being in the same location, the mood malus from shared bedrooms would be dealt with, but it would still be cheap enough to provide the prisoners with space and joy activities.

To balance this, it would be fun to see more complex prisoner interactions, with sabotage or uprising attempts.

My personal favorite would be to give prisoners the ability to steal weapons lying around, or even make crude weapons from raw resources lying around (say a wooden shiv from some wood left in their cells). This would make prisoners much more dangerous, and hopefully make it more risky to leave deadly weapons lying about in their cells...
Hope is not a good plan...

Tomoe

i agree, if i was a prisoner with some friends and 75 pieces of wood in my cell i'd be sure to make myself a wooden knife and shank the warden and jailbreak with my friends. this would also make a better reason to actually clean up a cell rather than just plop it down and do nothing with it other than mass produce beds for your slave chain

dStreamline

The current problem with prisoners (IMO) is that they are for the most part passive. There is very little risk for keeping loads of them locked up, and almost no incentive to build or place their complex/cell smartly. Prison breaks are a nice solution to this, but it would be nice to see this system fleshed out even more.
Hope is not a good plan...

AngleWyrm

You could charge colony labor for prisoner maintenance, in addition to their food consumption and other needs. Prisoners OP!
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

realdead_man

In a poorly designed base, I had a break, and the "weapons" room was adjacent.

They all armed themselves.  Shall I go on?

I had to load an autosave.  lol

Now I have a kill funnel outside the prison room door.

horus

Quote from: dStreamline on July 04, 2017, 07:30:31 PM
The current problem with prisoners (IMO) is that they are for the most part passive. There is very little risk for keeping loads of them locked up, and almost no incentive to build or place their complex/cell smartly. Prison breaks are a nice solution to this, but it would be nice to see this system fleshed out even more.
keeping lots of prisoners means you have to feed lots of prisoners. you have to clean their rooms and deal with jailbreaks. if some of them go mental and kill other prisoners you just large debuffs that might be what brings your colony down.
if you have a colony of 10 feeding an extra 5 prisoners is a big deal.