3D Printing

Started by Diplomatti, January 17, 2015, 05:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplomatti

Hey, i wanted to ask if anyone else is interested in 3D Printing?

I am going to build my own 3d printer thanks to a "part-works" that is being released (in the UK, don't know about else where) the website for it is www.3dprinter-collection.com (mods delete link if its not allowed)

I was wondering if there was anyone else who has a 3d printer or is doing the same thing as i am. And also if there is any good 3d modellers around here, my skills are very basic at best.

harpo99999

I currently have a kossel clear working, a partly constructed peachy, and am waiting on a cobblebot 15 incher.
from a quick look at the website it seems to ge a weekly 'magazine' subscription that claims to supply one(or more?) part(s) per issue, and when you have ALL the issues you will then have the parts to build the printer. but there are some issues regarding the specifications of the printer, ie a 0.20mm nozzle printing a 0.20mm layer heights (the layer height should not exceed .75 the nozzle diameter so for a 0.20mm layer the nozzle needs to be atleast 0.25mm if you want the new layer to bond to the previous layers), and the add repeatedly talks about using ABS plastic (which typically NEEDS a heatbed to print on otherwise the print does not stick well enough to the printbed and causes print jumbles and failed prints)

Crashy

3D printing is a very interesting in my eyes I mean the enginnering to make those 3d models is very complex and even coloring them with any damage to the model. But with this tech comes rumors of 3d printed guns; which don't work at all; knifts and all sorts of weapens. Its in early stages So stuff like this is to happen. But once they have profected them I will buy one. I mean come on who does want Models for gaming desk?
Nothing but a beginner modder. :D I hope I get to know you all well.