[Request] Lockable doors

Started by Ixath, May 03, 2016, 09:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixath

I want to be able to set a door to be locked shut.

I'm down for writing my own mod if somebody can attempt to point me in the right direction, too.

lance789

the game already does this by default. click on a door and press 'F' on your keyboard, or click the 'Allow' icon after clicking the door you want locked.

Ixath

Quote from: lance789 on May 03, 2016, 11:02:27 AM
the game already does this by default. click on a door and press 'F' on your keyboard, or click the 'Allow' icon after clicking the door you want locked.

Wait, really? I've got like 80 hours into the game and I never noticed this? I've been dying to find a way to do it... sigh.

Thank you! I am an idiot apparently.

viperwasp

A mod to lock a door or forbid to exclusive colonists would still be an amazing feature or mod though in my opinion. For anyone out there who makes mods. I'm not special enough to deserve a mod made just for me. But I find it would be useful because you could limit certain colonists from certain areas or make them take different paths without restricting other colonists and without using the areas feature! And areas without a mod is limited to like five areas. So exclusive locking could be useful.

It could even prevent people from entering other peoples bedrooms.  You could give the room owner and any cleaners access. And maybe any dedicated hullers as well. And this could be used to give colonists access and NOT pets etc.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Ixath

Quote from: viperwasp on May 04, 2016, 09:16:20 AM
A mod to lock a door or forbid to exclusive colonists would still be an amazing feature or mod though in my opinion. For anyone out there who makes mods. I'm not special enough to deserve a mod made just for me. But I find it would be useful because you could limit certain colonists from certain areas or make them take different paths without restricting other colonists and without using the areas feature! And areas without a mod is limited to like five areas. So exclusive locking could be useful.

I agree. I would love to have the ability to block specific colonists from rooms or maybe only allow based on specific criteria (object in room needs repair, room needs cleaning, etc.).

I would also love to see one way passageways or a way to toggle a door as one way. If I wasn't so damn busy playing the game I'd be able to sit down and try and figure some of this out for myself!
It could even prevent people from entering other peoples bedrooms.  You could give the room owner and any cleaners access. And maybe any dedicated hullers as well. And this could be used to give colonists access and NOT pets etc.

viperwasp

Blazecreek from this forum page. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19820.0

Seems to be working on my mod idea. Well moments ago he commented that is going to. We will all understand if he abandons the idea right now I imagine he still needs to consider what is possible within Rimworld and if he himself is capable of a mod like this. So no expectations but if he succeeds then awesome. I think one way doors or specific criteria is a more difficult aspect of a mod like this. But to be honest why not. If it's possible and a modder can do it. Then extra features would be cool. More management the better. And this may cause issues with balance but that's fine it's a mod. It only needs to work.

Edit- Also Blazecreek said he plans to work on other suggestions to likely and while I don't think this mod is highly difficult I imagine some of the other suggestions will be easier and likely a better place to start. But at the end of the day it's all in Blazecreeks hands now! :)
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4