Scrap Recyclers!

Started by BlazingAngel665, November 11, 2013, 08:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlazingAngel665

The raiders just totaled your base. I mean my base, I mean, oh well you get the point, your lovely base was just scrapped and now your walls and ceilings are piles of slag on the floor. What do you do? Haul to your dump yard, that is your only choice. Unless. . . Recycling! It would be a researchable tech that would grant you a power hungry building to reclaim some ore from the debris piles. This would be a fun way to get rid of some debris and clear up your dumping yards for the bodies of all those raiders I (didn't) kill.

IncRaven

I second this, but to keep it balanced like blaze said it has to be done from research. Also maybe you could add in a recycling area. Where the rubble is taken to the recycling area and is then able to be re-mined as usable metals.

Bumblechubs

A recycling building would be great for non-biological scrap just lying around. A small building where a colonist manually loads rubble, and perhaps we get 1 metal for each. Nothing big, but for a long-term colony it would pay for itself. Maybe a few upgrades that make it more efficient, as long as we don't get more metal for blowing up our own buildings than it costs to build.

Ozog

This could even require a colonist is work it, like the comm maybe?

Workload

I like this something to else to do. It should take a good amount of time to do this though and make people mad that work near it. Should only get at most 2 metals from stag part as walls cost 3. I'm fine with this low amount just mostly helps clearing slag.

Lechai

Joedoe1025

I agree with this notion. Not only does it give us a way to remove debris (Praise the gods  ;D ) but also gives additional tech. Also its STORY friendly! if you were a struggling colony in the midst of space you'd recycle every bit you could.