[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdz1122

Is anyone still having trouble saving/loading from Main Event?  I have EdB Scenarios, and I have never been able to save/load Crash Landing Main Event saves.  It starts fine, but I load to a black screen (sounds still play though...)

Etherdreamer

Totally unfair and need balance, the constant stuff than falls from the ship, make this thing unplayable, not to say the long radiation radius than covers the stuff, if your medicines get fire or got grabbed inside the radiation area, is pretty much GG.

This the 10 time I basically can not survive the map in any way the fire goes wild in all map, and the radiation blocks most of the stuff.

Edit: Wow shells from the weapon pod make and huge explosion and instakill all my main colonist. >:c

Dragoon

Quote from: Etherdreamer on February 03, 2015, 01:38:47 AM
Totally unfair and need balance, the constant stuff than falls from the ship, make this thing unplayable, not to say the long radiation radius than covers the stuff, if your medicines get fire or got grabbed inside the radiation area, is pretty much GG.

This the 10 time I basically can not survive the map in any way the fire goes wild in all map, and the radiation blocks most of the stuff.

It's hard but not impossible I have won a game on this (before the rain was turned on) all you have to do is protect the core of the ship first then let the rest burn. :/
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Etherdreamer

Jesus... again this time I get wiped by the shrapnels from the weapon pod bruh..

SilverDragon

I love it! :D I think it's really fun. Crashing down on a spaceship isn't no kiddyride in the park, better hold onto your butts and pray to the RNG-jebus that you can salvage atleast something.

Katavrik

Quote from: rdz1122 on February 02, 2015, 01:22:55 PM
Is anyone still having trouble saving/loading from Main Event?  I have EdB Scenarios, and I have never been able to save/load Crash Landing Main Event saves.  It starts fine, but I load to a black screen (sounds still play though...)
Have checked it now, and its worked for me.

Black screen with sounds happend to me when i save a game with some mods, and then load without one. Even if this game does not have any objects from a mod.

Katavrik

Quote from: Etherdreamer on February 03, 2015, 01:52:30 AM
Jesus... again this time I get wiped by the shrapnels from the weapon pod bruh..
This mod is really hard. Especially on a hard scenario. Sorry if the description does not say anything about it.

rdz1122

I have another odd issue with the "Crash Landing - Hard" scenario; I start fine, get a notice that stuff is going to fall, then nothing.  No falling stuff, no colonists, nothing.  Very first revision of this mod I got it to work, and not again since.  CL-Easy works fine though.

Quote from: Katavrik on February 03, 2015, 07:00:37 AM
Quote from: rdz1122 on February 02, 2015, 01:22:55 PM
Have checked it now, and its worked for me.

Black screen with sounds happend to me when i save a game with some mods, and then load without one. Even if this game does not have any objects from a mod.

Etherdreamer

Quote from: Katavrik on February 03, 2015, 07:05:08 AM
This mod is really hard. Especially on a hard scenario. Sorry if the description does not say anything about it.

I played a lot Dwarf Fortress, I know about "unfair hard" starts when you simple spend some time "preparing carefully" them proceed to go into the map, and an random spider just wreck all your dwarves. But just an simply "unlucky" falling explosion is possible in an scenario like this one, but no exactly balanced.

I suggest, the actually events could exist, but not "luckily" get an reactor upon your colonists (or just too close them, or even any of those falling debris).

Even if you get weirdly terrible lucky, happened to me yesterday 11 times in a row was just "too unlucky" meh. Any of those events could happen not just at start? like for example, some ship parts are in orbit and will fall later?

Katavrik

Quote from: rdz1122 on February 03, 2015, 01:30:14 PM
I have another odd issue with the "Crash Landing - Hard" scenario; I start fine, get a notice that stuff is going to fall, then nothing.  No falling stuff, no colonists, nothing.  Very first revision of this mod I got it to work, and not again since.  CL-Easy works fine though.

Did you use another mods? I had a issue with one mod in the past. Where i had a bad filter for an item generation. The last changes repairs it, but may be there is another problems.

Quote from: Etherdreamer on February 03, 2015, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: Katavrik on February 03, 2015, 07:05:08 AM

I played a lot Dwarf Fortress, I know about "unfair hard" starts when you simple spend some time "preparing carefully" them proceed to go into the map, and an random spider just wreck all your dwarves. But just an simply "unlucky" falling explosion is possible in an scenario like this one, but no exactly balanced.

I suggest, the actually events could exist, but not "luckily" get an reactor upon your colonists (or just too close them, or even any of those falling debris).

Even if you get weirdly terrible lucky, happened to me yesterday 11 times in a row was just "too unlucky" meh. Any of those events could happen not just at start? like for example, some ship parts are in orbit and will fall later?

I need to make parts generation more complex. Right now its simple: its random. You may have only 2 cryptosleep blocks with two survivors, and only one of them can be medic. Next time, you can have 6 cryptosleep blocks, with 8 capable colonists, medicine stuff and no reactors.
But i dont want to make it less random, because i like randomness. In ideal situation, i should make an option window at the start of the game. Like EdB Prepare Carefully, where the player can adjust number of parts and other paremeters. But it needs more coding.
Right now, i dont have much time for modding, and only prepare myself to A9 update.

Modding is not hard, so you can take the source files and make some changes. Aks me, if you need to find where any specific parameters located.

Der Failer

Quote from: Katavrik on January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM
- Shell explosion chances adjusted. 50% nothing, 5% incendiary shell, 45% explosion shell for every item in stack.
Katavrik you're so evil and I like it!
I just was totally confused by the fact that my haulers randomly die by explosion out of nowhere (at least I thought it was rnd). I was already suspecting some kind bug, and started searching for it, luckily I stumbled across this in the changelog...

But I've to say that I really enjoy playing with this mod. It makes the early game MUCH more interesting.
Keep up the good work!

TracerFox

Quote from: Katavrik on February 04, 2015, 08:53:24 AM
I need to make parts generation more complex. Right now its simple: its random. You may have only 2 cryptosleep blocks with two survivors, and only one of them can be medic. Next time, you can have 6 cryptosleep blocks, with 8 capable colonists, medicine stuff and no reactors.
But i dont want to make it less random, because i like randomness. In ideal situation, i should make an option window at the start of the game. Like EdB Prepare Carefully, where the player can adjust number of parts and other paremeters. But it needs more coding.
Right now, i dont have much time for modding, and only prepare myself to A9 update.

Modding is not hard, so you can take the source files and make some changes. Aks me, if you need to find where any specific parameters located.

Well, you did say to ask, so I will.
I would like to be able to disable both the reactor and weapon bay parts from triggering.  Yes I know that would just make things easier.  Too many false starts with reactors dropping right in the middle of my rescue camp; plus I seem to have an issue with the weapon pod cratering half the map.  For some reason each explosion spawns several new bomb projectiles, so I get chained explosions that cover as much as fifty tiles out from impact point!
Other than these two nitpicks, I'm loving the mod!

JAVAgamer

This mod is AWESOME!
At one moment you think you have everything under control and the other a gun container lands ontop of your colonists and slaughters them like animals.
11/10 woulddoitagain

skullywag

Katavrik, add a smoke mote to the drawpos on the incomingobjects tick, see my revamped meteorite mod for example, itll add to the general look i feel.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Katavrik

Quote from: TracerFox on February 11, 2015, 02:17:56 PM
Well, you did say to ask, so I will.
I would like to be able to disable both the reactor and weapon bay parts from triggering.  Yes I know that would just make things easier.  Too many false starts with reactors dropping right in the middle of my rescue camp; plus I seem to have an issue with the weapon pod cratering half the map.  For some reason each explosion spawns several new bomb projectiles, so I get chained explosions that cover as much as fifty tiles out from impact point!

This is located in the code. Open BigRandomEvent.cs and find "public class Ticker_MTcounter". Inside it find "public float incidentWeights(IncidentDef curInc)". You can find a weight coefficients for parts generation there. If the weight coefficient is equal zero, that part will never spawn is generation. So you need to find:

} else if (curInc == IncidentDef.Named ("WeaponSafeCrashIncident")) {
return 50f;

and replace it with

} else if (curInc == IncidentDef.Named ("WeaponSafeCrashIncident")) {
return 0f;

that will disable weapon pod. The same for reactor. Reactor has two values, because i want no more than one reactor. And after the first reactor falls, its weight coefiicient become 0. You need to replace non zero coeff:

} else if (curInc == IncidentDef.Named ("ShipReactorCrashIncident")) {
if (!spawnReactor) {
return 100f;
} else {
return 0f;
}

with

} else if (curInc == IncidentDef.Named ("ShipReactorCrashIncident")) {
if (!spawnReactor) {
return 0f;
} else {
return 0f;
}

and no more reactor.

Quote from: skullywag on February 11, 2015, 03:21:22 PM
Katavrik, add a smoke mote to the drawpos on the incomingobjects tick, see my revamped meteorite mod for example, itll add to the general look i feel.
I will check it. Thanks for advice.