[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biship

I too am getting this error now. I can't pinpoint the mod causing it. It makes the pawns stand around doing nothing.

Eve threw exception while determining job (main): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._ThoughtsFromIngesting (Verse.Pawn ingester, Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._FoodSourceOptimality (Verse.Pawn eater, Verse.Thing t, Single dist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn eater, IntVec3 root, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 searchSet, PathEndMode peMode, TraverseParms traverseParams, Single maxDistance, System.Predicate`1 validator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn eater, IntVec3 root, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 searchSet, PathEndMode peMode, TraverseParms traverseParams, Single maxDistance, System.Predicate`1 validator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._FoodUtility._BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowLiquor, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, Verse.Thing& foodSource, Verse.ThingDef& foodDef, Boolean canRefillDispenser, Boolean canUseInventory, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean allowCorpse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._JobGiver_GetFood._TryGiveJob (RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood obj, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob (Verse.ThinkTreeDef& thinkTree) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=

notfood

Do you have a lot of mods? can you list them?

biship

An embarrassing amount.

<li>Core</li>
<li>Community Core Library</li>
<li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
<li>Expanded Traits</li>
<li>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</li>
<li>Miscellaneous 'CORE'</li>
<li>Hospitality</li>
<li>Work Tab</li>
<li>Area Unlocker</li>
<li>Follow Me!</li>
<li>Zoom to Mouse</li>
<li>Medical Tab</li>
<li>A Dog Said...</li>
<li>Colony Manager</li>
<li>Animals Tab</li>
<li>Relations Tab</li>
<li>Blueprints</li>
<li>[T] MoreFloors</li>
<li>Efficient Light</li>
<li>Storage Search</li>
<li>Mad Skills</li>
<li>Apparello 2</li>
<li>Fences v1.01</li>
<li>Misc. Incidents</li>
<li>Nackblad Inc Rimhair</li>
<li>Spoons Hair Mod</li>
<li>P-Music</li>
<li>Numbers</li>
<li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
<li>Vegetable Garden </li>
<li>[T] ExpandedCrops (for Vegetable Garden)</li>
<li>Stonecutting Tweak v1.02</li>
<li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
<li>ReclaimFabric</li>
<li>AdditionalLighting</li>
<li>ExtendedFabrics</li>
<li>ExtendedMedicine</li>
<li>RT's Weapon Pack</li>
<li>RedistHeat</li>
<li>NoMoreLazyPawns</li>
<li>Tilled Soil</li>
<li>Misc. Robots</li>
<li>Misc. MAI</li>
<li>PowerSwitch</li>
<li>Roof Support</li>
<li>Miniaturisation</li>
<li>Auto Seller</li>
<li>Craftable Robots - base robots</li>
<li>ESM - Mine Vein</li>
<li>ESM - Smooth Wall</li>
<li>DE Surgeries</li>
<li>Fluffy Breakdowns</li>
<li>Animal Incest</li>
<li>GHXX Tech-Advancing</li>
<li>GearTabFix</li>
<li>No Raid Storyteller v1.02</li>
<li>Practise Target v2.06</li>
<li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>

notfood

Maybe maybe some def is missing ingestible tag. It's the only place it can be failing.

I just scoured CCLs detours in FoodUtility trying to find any logical difference between core and CCL to see what could cause it.  So far I have found nothing.

Can you attach a save game with just CCL + Vegetable Garden which I can use to do some deeper debugging?

Can you post the specific triggers?  ie:  They started looking for 'X' to eat or ingredient 'Y' to make a meal?

dismar and the CCL team will need more than just the error itself to be able to find the root cause.  Be it Vegetable Garden is missing an xml tag or CCL has a bugged line of code.  Either way we'll need a save file which displays this bug and/or steps to reproduce it.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

biship

Hmmm I don't know how to reproduce it. It just happened. My save with the issue has 54 mods and I can't get the save to load without those mods, even after removing the mod from the .rws & from modsconfig.xml.

I noticed there was tofu on the ground (it looked the same as the art file in the VG mod) and it was reporting string errors (both in game and in the log). I tried a few things, and what I think fixed it was deleting the tofu from the .rws. I loaded the game and the tofu was gone from the ground, and my pawns had free will again. Sorry for not having more info.

SecularJesus

This is what it says when I click on the Tofu, I fixed it just by making tofu forbidden as soon as I loaded the save, and making sure no more was being made.

--edit Fresh game with all mods enabled but this one, and I have not encountered any errors.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Warforyou

Are you planning to update your seeds addon? I have downloaded your version from Seeds mod thread and it seems to work... halfway. Half of the plants are OK but half neither drop seeds nor require them to be planted. :(

SecularJesus

Something I just noticed, something changed the tofu from the vegetables to the meats.  All tofu I originally had was bugged and error-ed up, I had to get my colonists to drop any they had and use debug to destroy all tofu on map.  However, NEW tofu that is made has no error and works just fine.  It's now under meats, could that be the problem?

dismar

Quote from: SecularJesus on August 01, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Something I just noticed, something changed the tofu from the vegetables to the meats.  All tofu I originally had was bugged and error-ed up, I had to get my colonists to drop any they had and use debug to destroy all tofu on map.  However, NEW tofu that is made has no error and works just fine.  It's now under meats, could that be the problem?

SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry i'm late to this conversion I did find out that OLD save game Tofu and New Tofu hate each other sooo much. The change was in the last up date to Tofu/Polenta changing them from a resource to a proper meal that rots/spoils. I was a bug from the alpha 14 changes in meal. The best way to fix it is to destroy all the old tofu/polenta even stuff stored in the inventories using the debug destroy tool. Then your can add it back into the game using debug or just make new after ALL old is gone.

I have been testing the crap out of this but I'm very busy this week at work.

So GUYS!

dismar

Quote from: Warforyou on August 01, 2016, 07:32:58 PM
Are you planning to update your seeds addon? I have downloaded your version from Seeds mod thread and it seems to work... halfway. Half of the plants are OK but half neither drop seeds nor require them to be planted. :(

If you look into the last posts of Enivro Seed there is a veg garden update.

Delmain

Quote from: dismar on August 01, 2016, 08:02:54 PM
Quote from: SecularJesus on August 01, 2016, 07:54:18 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry i'm late to this conversion I did find out that OLD save game Tofu and New Tofu hate each other sooo much. The change was in the last up date to Tofu/Polenta changing them from a resource to a proper meal that rots/spoils. I was a bug from the alpha 14 changes in meal. The best way to fix it is to destroy all the old tofu/polenta even stuff stored in the inventories using the debug destroy tool. Then your can add it back into the game using debug or just make new after ALL old is gone.

I have been testing the crap out of this but I'm very busy this week at work.

So GUYS!

This is where I was trying to reproduce. I was fairly certain it had to do with Tofu because all my pawns that had the error were holding Tofu and (presumably), trying to eat it.

Thanks for figuring it out!

Adalah217

Quote from: dismar on August 01, 2016, 08:10:12 PM
Quote from: Warforyou on August 01, 2016, 07:32:58 PM

If you look into the last posts of Enivro Seed there is a veg garden update.

Well it's pretty buggy. Vanilla seeds tend not to drop (like oak trees) and if dev mode is enabled, there's a constant error that occurs every tick due to a spawn of a plant at the edge of the map (I think).

notfood

Quote from: Adalah217 on August 02, 2016, 02:24:00 AM
Well it's pretty buggy. Vanilla seeds tend not to drop (like oak trees) and if dev mode is enabled, there's a constant error that occurs every tick due to a spawn of a plant at the edge of the map (I think).

Report things so they can be fixed. Screenshots, logs, steps to reproduce, etc. How'd you expect it to get fixed if you don't report the issue?

I stopped tinkering with it once Dismar disagreed but I've been given permission now. I'll take a look at the issues that pop up.

Adalah217

Quote from: notfood on August 02, 2016, 03:32:49 AM
Quote from: Adalah217 on August 02, 2016, 02:24:00 AM

Report things so they can be fixed. Screenshots, logs, steps to reproduce, etc. How'd you expect it to get fixed if you don't report the issue?

I stopped tinkering with it once Dismar disagreed but I've been given permission now. I'll take a look at the issues that pop up.

I wanted to see if I could figure it out beforehand, which is why I came to this thread first. But I think I figured it out. Turns out the python script also made grass act like any other crop. Made some wonky things go on at the edge of the map. A simple XML edit and it's fixed. Just delete the grass in the Cultivated_Plants and new_seeds file. I think will have to be deleted every time the script is run (unless you add an exception, which I honestly don't know how to do).