My Two Man Caravan Has out of food.

Started by avros008, October 27, 2017, 04:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avros008

I play on lost tribe mode what can i do :(

Canute

Caravan means, you are underway with 2 pawns.
Then you should settle and
- harvest food plants
- hunt down animals
Cook some simple/fine meals for a few day.
And with the remain raw food made pemmican for the travel.

Then you can continue with your travel.

asanbr

If you can't settle, you need to enable dev mode and then in the options set max settlements to more than 1.

freemapa

Quote from: asanbr on October 29, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
If you can't settle, you need to enable dev mode and then in the options set max settlements to more than 1.
I don't think you need dev mode for this... it's just in the normal options.

Also, isn't there a thing about not being able to settle adjacent to another settlement? I think I had this once and so I just moved to the next space and settled there.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: freemapa on October 29, 2017, 07:53:17 PM
Quote from: asanbr on October 29, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
I don't think you need dev mode for this... it's just in the normal options.

Also, isn't there a thing about not being able to settle adjacent to another settlement? I think I had this once and so I just moved to the next space and settled there.
The option for setting max bases is not in dev mode; it's in the initial (fundamental) options screen. There is a warning, but it's not 'enforced' by explicitly requiring  dev mode

You cannot settle/camp within a 1 tile range of an existing (or destroyed) settlement, so those 7 tiles will be unavailable to you; this is WAD according to DEVs (it applies to the SetUpCamp mod too)
Dom 8-)

Rafe009

The set up camp https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29054.0mod should really be part of the base game. If there is one mod I think needs to be integrated it's this one. The notion that once you leave your colony you are trapped in a desert of deprivation and the only salvation is being assaulted or getting to a colony in desperation to buy food never made much sense.

Songleaves

One of them is going to have to eat the other...

But also, if you have a third person back at home then they can form a caravan with food, and go an meet up with the other caravan and give them food.