[Mod Suggestion] Room, bed and container renting

Started by r40k, June 17, 2015, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r40k

Hello!

I have an idea for mod that would introduce a concept of room and bed and containers renting for guest use. The idea is if a group is passing by or visiting a colony, they may stay and use your beds and rooms and containers for a price. To be a successfull host you need to provide safety, joy and satisfaction to your guests, who will spend their money for rooms, food, drinks, weapons and other items and thus making you richer.

More specifically:
- Player may mark some beds for rent and set the price per night - and doing so should automatically make a room with this bed and containers in it temporary assiged to guest. Guest bedrooms could be shared, that will lower their quality. Containers for rent outside guest room can be priced individually.
- The better rooms, containers outside their rooms, food and drinks you provide, the richer guests will stay at your town.
- More rich guests attracts more powerful raiders.
- Guests spend their money on rooms, food, drinks and may also buy items like weapons that you found or produced.
- Add trader skill and job, and a colonist doing it will try to sell your goods to guests at a highest price possible - depending on item's base price and trader's skill.
- Add marking containers for sale - doing that will allow trader to sell its contents.
- Traders are also people your guests will ask for renting a room.

What do you think about it?

tylers2001

There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Illusion Distort

Quote from: r40k on June 17, 2015, 06:27:31 PM
Hello!

. The idea is if a group is passing by or visiting a colony, they may stay and use your beds and rooms and containers for a price.
We need this, i need it, YOU need it. *looks up to sky* "Tynan, plz"

macrosblackd