Enemies that arent human neither mechanoids!

Started by soulkata, February 24, 2015, 06:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

Hi, I am the developer of the Alien Ants faction, and a user asked me why the Ants appear in the Ancient Ship, and I do know why, it's because I have set mechanoid to true in the raceDef... The problem is when I set it to false, the game crashes when the ants appears...

Well, what I need is a enemy that isnt human, isnt mechanoid and can yield weapons (Natural Weapons)... I am thinking this is a rescriction on the core game, but anyways, I am asking here before ask Tynan...

Viceroy

Yep having the same problem with Horrors. They don't attack or do anything with a squadbrain if they aren't mechanoid=true. I'd also love some help or insight into this.

Also if I figure it out I'll let you know for sure.
Dog goes moo!

soulkata

Quote from: Viceroy on February 25, 2015, 01:34:19 PM
Yep having the same problem with Horrors. They don't attack or do anything with a squadbrain if they aren't mechanoid=true. I'd also love some help or insight into this.

Also if I figure it out I'll let you know for sure.

Well, I think in DM Tynan for this... Maybe a alpha 10 feature!
:)

Viceroy

That'd be rather cool. Also you don't happen to know how to issue a build command to a pawn do you?
Dog goes moo!

Tynan

Yeah, sorry. The concept of mechanoids is uncomfortably hard-coded right now and I'm sorry you're bumping up against that. I hope I'll be able to make the code more generalized in future (e.g. mechanoid becomes generic 'non-humanoid').
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

soulkata

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2015, 05:11:56 PM
Yeah, sorry. The concept of mechanoids is uncomfortably hard-coded right now and I'm sorry you're bumping up against that. I hope I'll be able to make the code more generalized in future (e.g. mechanoid becomes generic 'non-humanoid').

Tanhks!
:)

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

skullywag

We have things, stuff and gizmos (we sooo need a "gadgets and gizmos" update btw) would be nice to have the same thing for pawns, an open ended way of defining a pawn and all its characteristics. Its a big ask but I hope its in the pipeline for the future. I have some great ideas for pawn based mods but I dont want to go near it just yet as id never get away from it due to how indepth it would need to be and wouldnt have time to work on any other mods.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?