Raiders Surrender (or really flee)

Started by AlexxKay, April 14, 2014, 01:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexxKay

Currently, after the early game, raiders pretty much always die or escape while still shooting.  You don't get the option to "Capture" them unless they are physically incapacitated (which doesn't happen often once you're well armed).  It would be nice to have some less-lethal ways of interacting.  The Raiders could surrender if things go bad.  Or they could at least stop fighting once they are "fleeing", and the player could be given "Capture" options.

ITypedThis

I definitely agree. Many, many times have I lost colonies to raiders because the battle was ~12 colonists to 30 raiders, especially now in Alpha 3 in that the player cannot simply abduct random travelers without repercussions.

Though I think the problem could be fixed simply by making incapacitated pawns immune to gunfire and the like, minus fire and explosions. That way, raiders would no longer be killed by the same burst that brought them down in the first place.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ITypedThis on April 14, 2014, 07:57:04 PM
Though I think the problem could be fixed simply by making incapacitated pawns immune to gunfire and the like, minus fire and explosions.
Yes, this. It could also be explained in-game, like the chance to hit drops dramatically as the target is prone. I guess the issue is that said chance doesn't change once the bullet leaves the gun, so even incapacitated, a target could be hit.

Another way would be to drastically reduce the speed of wounded Pawns, but I suppose this falls into what Tynan had planned with limb damage.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here