The ability to plan

Started by GeminiOfSin, March 16, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

Quote from: Sion on April 11, 2014, 12:38:33 PM
An expansion would be to make it show the width, height and area when you draw a line (width & height) or a rectangle (width, height and area).
I'm currently using the power conduit as a makeshift tape measure, because it costs 1 metal per square.

the planning function is free, so maybe use that instead of conduits. (that's what i currently do) but i agree about adding a text display for the length and width of a wall or the area that players are mining.

the good thing about the current planning function is that players can still lay blueprints on top of the placeholder plan. it's kinda nifty.  :)

jimothy

I also think the game should show the dimensions of the plan tool. I mocked up how it could look in Photoshop:

Would make it much easier to layout a nice, symmetrical base  :)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: jimothy on April 13, 2014, 06:50:03 PM
I also think the game should show the dimensions of the plan tool. I mocked up how it could look in Photoshop:

Would make it much easier to layout a nice, symmetrical base  :)
Yes, so much yes!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

keylocke

yeps. +1.

i think several folks (including myself) have been asking for this function since alpha 1 (or was it around alpha 2? i can't remember).