(Solved) error when trees spawn on the map (I think)

Started by Igabod, December 23, 2014, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

Igabod

nope. I have now removed all mentions of seedshootradius from all trees except the treebase which is an exact copy of treebase from the vanilla files. I also removed my edited pine tree data from the xml thinking maybe it was the problem somehow but it's not. I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. It's not a fatal bug though so I'm probably going to release it as-is after I fix a couple smaller issues I noticed while testing it. I'll just put a notice up on the OP saying that they'll have to disable the auto-popup of the error window. As a result of this tinkering, I have managed to streamline the mod a bit more and reduce the file size a tiny bit. Sure wish the solution to this error would show itself though.

[edit to add] WoOT! I think I may have fixed the bug finally. <shootseeds>false</shootseeds> was still on the flowers. I'm not 100% certain that was the thing that fixed it because I made a bunch of other small changes before that test run, but that's the most likely culprit. I'm also not 100% certain the bug is fixed yet, I'll do a little more extensive testing to be sure before I release it. Odds are looking pretty good for this being released later today though!

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on December 28, 2014, 11:53:12 AM
nope. I have now removed all mentions of seedshootradius from all trees except the treebase which is an exact copy of treebase from the vanilla files. I also removed my edited pine tree data from the xml thinking maybe it was the problem somehow but it's not. I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. It's not a fatal bug though so I'm probably going to release it as-is after I fix a couple smaller issues I noticed while testing it. I'll just put a notice up on the OP saying that they'll have to disable the auto-popup of the error window. As a result of this tinkering, I have managed to streamline the mod a bit more and reduce the file size a tiny bit. Sure wish the solution to this error would show itself though.

[edit to add] WoOT! I think I may have fixed the bug finally. <shootseeds>false</shootseeds> was still on the flowers. I'm not 100% certain that was the thing that fixed it because I made a bunch of other small changes before that test run, but that's the most likely culprit. I'm also not 100% certain the bug is fixed yet, I'll do a little more extensive testing to be sure before I release it. Odds are looking pretty good for this being released later today though!

Awesome! All I was able to do was get it to wait half an hour before it would pop up. My XML coding ability though is sort of barbaric...

Igabod

The bug is indeed fixed and the new version is available. Yay!