self preservation mod plox! :D

Started by keylocke, December 11, 2014, 10:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

basically a mod centered around minor tweaks mostly dealing with individual self-preservation and alteration of job priorities.

here's a quick list :

*prioritize self first :
-if hungry and/or tired, prioritize self first before dealing with fellow colonists, then prisoners.
-if both hungry and tired, prioritize eating first before sleeping.
-"food priority queue" is as follows : prioritize eating the nearest "meal" available, then nutrient paste next, then eat raw food when no meal or can't make nutrient paste is available (except human meat), only eat raw human meat as a last resort.
-only sleep when not hungry

*prioritize fellow colonist second :
-after "self" is no longer hungry and/or tired
-prioritize healing/operating on fellow colonist first.
-if no one needs healing, prioritize feeding fellow colonist next using the same "food priority queue" as self preservation

*prioritize prisoners last :
-if colonist is not hungry and/or tired, and there are no fellow injured colonist that needs healing and feeding : only then will a colonist tend to the prisoners
-prioritize healing/operating first, then feeding next (same food priority queue as self preservation), last warden/social interactions with the prisoner.

---------------------------
as for crafting :

*crafting priorities :
-prioritize butchery first before cooking. since butchery creates more cooking ingredients for chefs to have more options to cook advanced recipes. otherwise, colonists tend to cook inferior recipes due to lack of necessary ingredients prior to cooking..

---------------------------

basically that's it..

i've figured out how to prioritize butchery first before cooking, but i can't figure out how to :

-choose meals based on distance from pawn
-prioritize eating first before sleeping
-prioritize eating/sleeping first before "doctor" jobs
-prioritize eating/sleeping/doctor jobs (for fellow colonist) before doctor/warden jobs (for prisoners)

halp! plox!  :)

StorymasterQ

Have you tried manual priorities in the Overview window?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

keylocke

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 11, 2014, 10:18:48 PM
Have you tried manual priorities in the Overview window?

yeps, am not a newbie. lol.  ;) problem is i have to keep micromanaging them for each colonist during keypoints :

ie :
-if i have doctor/warden jobs turned on (even at 4) for a colonist, they will prioritize those jobs over self preservation stuff (ie : eating, sleeping)... that means i have to turn this off for every colonist that's hungry/tired.. and then turn it back on again after they ate and slept. (try doing this for a colony of 40+ people lol)

---------------

these ones, you can't do with the overview panel :

-since colonists prioritize sleeping first BEFORE eating, even when they're urgently hungry, sometimes they wake up starving (never reaching the food in time) or madshit crazy. (this could easily be avoided if they ate first before sleeping)..

-after a battle, and you have several injured colonists and prisoners at the same time, colonists are supposed to prioritize healing/feeding fellow colonists first BEFORE dealing with the prisoners. it's kinda annoying having to go to prisoner tab > then uncheck the receive food/doctor's care for EVERY prisoner, and then wait until the colonists finish dealing with their "stuff" and then go back to prisoner tabs again to turn these options back on for EVERY prisoner..

lol..

i've browsed through most of the xml defs in the core folder, but the only relevent stuff i found was the <priorityInType> in the workgivers def (i increase priority of butchery over cooking)

but i couldn't find any defs i could adjust for the other behaviors..  :-\