[B19][1.0][B18] DoublePopulation - increase your colonists cap!

Started by Lament, October 30, 2017, 02:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lament

Overview
As you already know (or don't) RimWorld has a population cap depending on which storyteller you pick. Cassandra has a critical cap of 18, Phoebe also 18 and Randy has a critical cap of 50. This mod makes it so that you are more likely to get new pawns at higher population levels and also makes the default cap double, so you can have more slaves at hand at the same time.

How does it work
It makes use of the new patch feature. Learn more about it here: here.

Also note that this is my first mod and I may not provide any support for it. I've made it, it's simple, it works (probably), enjoy. :D

You are free to do anything regarding this mod.

How to modify
If you want to make changes (only the standard version, not storytellers - this one is different) go to your Mods folder, DoublePopulation, Patches, patches.xml and edit values between <li> and </li> tags. Note that there are values for all three default storytellers.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
        <xpath>*/StorytellerDef[defName = "Cassandra"]/populationIntentFromPopCurve</xpath>
        <value>
            <populationIntentFromPopCurve>
                <points>
                    <li>0, 8</li>
                    <li>2, 4</li>
                    <li>10, 1</li>
                    <li>18, 0.5</li>
                    <li>26, 0</li>
                    <li>36, -1</li>
                </points>
            </populationIntentFromPopCurve>
        </value>
    </Operation>

What these numbers mean:
If you are at 0 colonists, you are 8 times as likely to get new colonists as you are by default. If you are at 2 - 4 times, 10 - 1 time etc. 0 is the normal cap, which means you will not get any more free colonists and -1 stands for the previous "critical", which means you will have much harder time recruiting prisoners, roughly.

Downloads
If you don't want to alter the default storytellers values there is also a download for additional storytellers.

(also provided as attachments)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Nariette

hardfreak

Lament

Updated targetversion for Beta 18, tho old ones should work for A17+ just fine. :)
Edit: actually no, since storytellers.xml changed a bit it's best to have the newest version in B18 (matters only if you are using additional storytellers version).

RadGH

Hey there, looks like it's working but I get an error when activating the mod and restarting the game (and starting the game afterwards). This is with the separate storytellers. Going to give it a try anyway and see how it goes.

C:\Users\...\RimWorld1722Win\Mods\DoublePopulation_storytellers\Defs\StorytellerDefs/DoublePopulation_storytellers.xml: root element named StorytellerDefs; should be named Defs
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Lament

Quote from: RadGH on November 28, 2017, 04:03:02 PM
Hey there, looks like it's working but I get an error when activating the mod and restarting the game (and starting the game afterwards). This is with the separate storytellers. Going to give it a try anyway and see how it goes.

C:\Users\...\RimWorld1722Win\Mods\DoublePopulation_storytellers\Defs\StorytellerDefs/DoublePopulation_storytellers.xml: root element named StorytellerDefs; should be named Defs
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Thank you for the report, fixed and updated downloads. :)

Lament

lllMWNlll

Can i make more "<li> </li>"?
Or i can only work on those already on your mod?