Would this be able to run Rimworld?

14" Asus U46E
Processor & Speed:
Intel Core [email protected] am
Memory:
8GB RAM

Shurp

With ease. 

I assume you have at least 1024x728 screen on those 14" ?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Coenmcj

Only current requirement is the resolution, and until we're out of alpha/beta whatever, having a 'minimum' requirements isn't the wisest decision as Rimworld is in a continuous state of optimization and change, sometimes getting laggier, sometimes getting smoother and it's minimum requirements now may not be the same requirements a month or two down the track. (Look at space engineers for example, it's current "recommended" system stats can barely run the game)

ofc, this isn't an official statement, but I imagine it's fairly accurate to the situation.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Devon_v

Heh, I was going to bring up SE. :)

Rimworld isn't going to change to the degree that Space Engineers did though. It started as a 32-bit DX9 game in a 10km3 sandbox and it's going to finish as a 64-bit DX11 game in a 6.6AU sandbox with destructable voxel dwarf planets.

If it helps, it runs on my laptop without much issue and my laptop specs are...

Intel Core2 Duo (2x1.66Ghz)
2GB 333MHz DDR2
64MB Intel 945GM Integrated Video
Windows 7 Home 32-bit

It can get choppy on the largest maps and/or if there are a lot of "ticking" buildings, but it's very playable at the default map size.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.