[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Nanobytez on September 16, 2017, 11:46:36 PM
Only asks me to equip the sniper or any weapon really. :(
Do you have the Misc_core mod installed too ?
Maybe create a Share log link if you got hugslib installed.
When you don't see the repair option when you right click you might missing something.

Quote from: faltonico on September 17, 2017, 01:33:26 AM
I recently played A17 with the robots mod, i saw bots didn't have a nametag anymore, also they cannot be told to haul anything manually.
Is that because of the new way you did bots (resembling animals) or is it some kind of a weird mod conflict on my part?.
It is because the A17 robots are animals now and not pawn anymore.
I don't like this change too, you can't order them and you can't equip them with stuff. 
Currently i use mainly Minions as hauling (bots) i can heal and enhance them with ADS bionics.
The bot you need to heal with Dev. tools.

Smellfungus

Any chance of a new interface for Misc Object Turrets? :p I have way, way too many weapons thanks to all the raids, and finding anything I actually want to install on a turret takes a prohibitively long time to locate. The way it's done currently must be an ingenious bit of coding but it's terribly cumbersome to use. :) something akin to the trading or caravan ui would be good.

faltonico

@Canute
And they can't heal anymore as well =S

It is unfortunate that the update to A17 turned out to be so difficult, I hope you can make them great again in future updates xD

Haplo

The biggest problem I have is that I just don't have much time / enough remaining brain power for additional programming.
With my job, my son and various other stuff it usually is too late and I'm too tired to think anymore. So nothing is done really... :(
I'll try when I can, but currently it is a reeeeeaaaally slow process.
For example: The code for the robots to be repaired is 99% done.
But the 1% is a bug in the job to get the needed resources. And this bug is preventing the whole Job to work. It is there already for a few weeks. I just can't concentrate enough to find it..

But it will be done soon (TM) 8)

Note: This is just to let you know that Miscellaneous isn't dead and I'm still working on it. :)

Kori

Do we need the Core for Bees'n'Honey?

And when the link to the Combat Extended patch is striked out in the OP, does that mean that both mods are compatible without a patch now, or is it just not ready yet?

Haplo

I'm currently not at home so can't take a look, but if you click on the mod in your mod list, it will tell you at the beginning of the description, if you need core. If ther isn't anything, you don't need it for this.
On second thought, I think you WILL need it, because the Research tab is defined in Core..

The CE links are striked out, because they aren't updated to the new version.
So MAI and some others are not compatible with CE, sorry.

Kori

Quote from: Haplo on September 20, 2017, 08:44:26 AM
I'm currently not at home so can't take a look, but if you click on the mod in your mod list, it will tell you at the beginning of the description, if you need core. If ther isn't anything, you don't need it for this.
On second thought, I think you WILL need it, because the Research tab is defined in Core..

The problem is, that according to the OP the Bees'n'Honey mod doesn't require Core, while according to the mod's workshop page it does, so I was confused about that.
I just checked the ingame mod description, and there it also says that Core is required, even though the Beekeeping research appears just fine without Core in the vanilla research tab.

I was using this mod for a long time without Core now. and while the beehives seem to work without problems, it appears that when adding a bill for a new queen, rightclicking the beehive only works for some of my pawns, while for others it does nothing (not even a greyed out button).
Also when having visitors they just steal and eat your honey.

Could this be related to the missing core, and would it please be possible to add a version that doesn't require it?

Haplo

I was informed that the jungle biome also adds beekeeping. It may be that you see THAT research in the Core research.
This Beekeeping has it's research in the Miscellaneous tab of research.
I don't know if the jungle mod uses this beekeeping or its own version.. So I also don't know if there are problems when one is researched but the other not..

TastyCookies

Hey Haplo, I don't know if this has been mentioned to you but Psychology is now compatible with MAI. I have tested it myself and it works perfectly together.

Haplo

Thanks for the headup. I'll update the descriptions. :)

Luckspeare

Cool!  Is it still incompatible with Prepare Carefully?

Canute

Hi haplo,
a crashed rescue pod just broke through overhead mountain roof.
Is the possible by design or just a mistake.

CrazyGamer313

Coud you make an patch for the gun plattforms for combat extended to use the guns with ammo?

DoctorFowl

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding MAI.
I understand there are two buidings in order to regenerate (not heal) missing parts. One of my MAIs have had it's thumb destroyed. I placed along her recharge station the 1x1 thingy that stores plasteel to repair her. But how do I activate it? It's been more than a day and she has not regenerated yet.

Thanks in advance.

Haplo

It's a 50-50 (?Not too sure right now?) chance that it will heal something once per recharge cycle.