[1.3.3074] Chunks moved by "Chunk Skip" psycast still provide cover bonus

Started by Manngunner, July 29, 2021, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manngunner

I found this bug whilst playing normally. I have taken some pictures of the bug that I was able to recreate.

To answer the default questions:

• What the circumstances were: I was being raided, and to make shooting the enemy easier, I used chunk skip to remove their cover.
  • What happened: After moving the chunks, my colonists were still struggling to hit. I check the hover-over hit indication and it still included cover for the chunks
  • What you expected to happen: The cover bonus would be removed and the enemy would be easier to hit
  • Steps to recreate: Using either enemy pawns or friendly pawns, have you colonists standing the opposite side of the chunk cover and note the cover bonus. Use the "Chunk Skip" psycast to relocate the chunks. Check if the cover bonus is still being applied
5 and 6. I have uploaded the savefile, logfile, and the pictures I mentioned to my Google driver here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUGwNDx54txttMiqrWehF7agO0-F4Cl6/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you require any more information.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report.  I've been able to reproduce this in 1.3.3102.  I'll write a report up for the devs!