No spaceship goal but a colony ship to rule the planet like in civ in a 2. phase

Started by Jandalf, August 08, 2017, 04:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jandalf

The goal of the game is somehow not purposeful, since you do not really want to escape from the planet if you have established yourself there well.

Maybe you can add a second phase of the game, where you play most of the time in the world view to control whole cities and spaceships/vehicles of your fraction to conquer the planet and defeat the other fractions.

This would be like a Civ game in the second phase but with additional management for each city you have. But not in that dimension like in the first original rimworld phase.

Maybe you have to build a colony ship and not a ship to escape from the planet. And this colony ship can travel around the planet to build new citys like a settler unit in civ.

What do you think about this?

RimworldOx

Jandalf

The fact, that there is a World Map with a whole round spherical planet patternd with pentagon fields is the best solution for a game like civ. I wonder why there is still no civ game with that feature ... I personaly love rimworld and civ games. I had been thinking often about that massive potential for a better goal in this game and the posibilitys to use that spherical planet to play on.  :)