Penalties for carrying weapons?

Started by Fruit loops, March 02, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Quote from: Devon_v on March 07, 2016, 10:01:23 AM
Speed penalties or not, the rim is a dangerous place, and I'd never put my weapon down.

In my current colony a big dumb brick went berserk in the middle of the night and went next door to pummel a skilled, wounded colonist I actually need. Fortunately she sleeps with her shotgun under the pillow. (And he survived, at least that time)

I give people who's not dedicated to combat light weaponry like pistols, smgs and shotguns. I only make them lug around miniguns during raids.
Though I have a mod that puts weight on guns.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

mumblemumble

Actually, I thought of this in another thread...What if you could carry both melee and shooting weapons, BUT, were limited to having to switch them over several seconds (perhaps more if going from a minigun to longsword), Weight was accimulative (carrying minigun and sword would really hamper movement.) and you would carefully have to prioritize how people fight? Might be an interesting tactical idea, giving people shivs just incase they get squirrels piled on them, and giving most people who aren't security just a pistol and knife.

These could actually, in addition to the other ideas in this thread, make the weapons system MUCH deeper
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.