[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolbies

@Cpt.Ohu
I am currently on vacation right now but I'll send it when I get back!

Gunblast

My ship "crashed," though it kept flying while spamming dozens of "ship is out of fuel, crashed!" messages. When I manually landed the ship, it disappeared upon touchdown and my colonist fell into a 'void plane'. Loading an earlier save doesn't bring back the ship, the console says it's already destroyed. Is there any way to spawn in a ship? Was running latest version from github

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 10, 2017, 12:22:05 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 07:39:38 PM
I got a ship bug without installing any turrets.

I made the mistake on landing on a crashed ship and my People on the Ship and the Ship itself vanished.
So I loaded a savegame which I thought should reverse the problem ..
Well. It did not.

Do you still have the error log? I just crashed onto another crashed ship, and it got destroyed without problems, pawns intact.

I have to check if I still have the savegame, I mixed up my whole modlist because I had some other issues about taming animals .. but I never checked the error log.

This will take a few hours, because I am at work right now.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

KLk

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 07, 2017, 01:10:02 AM
Quote from: 123nick on July 06, 2017, 05:22:39 AM
i have a dropship sitting around, built, with like, 7 chemfuel in the fuel tank, but thats about it. tis completely empty. any help?

also, can we have the ability to choose where a ship touches down in a map zone?

Did you download the latest version? The error seems to stem from a previous build.

Ship touchdown currently always drops in the center. I'll give you the same options as if you were targeting on the world map directly.

Quote from: bolbies on July 06, 2017, 10:48:07 AM
When I load my game up I get these two errors:

Which version are you using? Looks like the container of the ship, that's being referenced for getting pawns on board, is null. There was a big change to the container-code from RW a few weeks ago.

Quote from: KLk on July 06, 2017, 11:08:07 AM
nice mod, i had some bugs, i can't attack enemy bases with the ship i have to touchdown in the next tile and then make a caravan, it's fine but annoying and the other bug is sometimes i can't use the ship or the game screen, optiones use the pals, and so on :(

What do you mean by being unable to attack? In the current version, there are only assault options for enemy faction bases, with edge drop and center drop being selectable. If you want to attack friendly bases currently there's no option to attack once you've chosen to Visit them.
fixed, a over mod problem
tnxs!!!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 11, 2017, 04:00:26 AM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 10, 2017, 12:22:05 PM

Do you still have the error log? I just crashed onto another crashed ship, and it got destroyed without problems, pawns intact.

I have to check if I still have the savegame, I mixed up my whole modlist because I had some other issues about taming animals .. but I never checked the error log.

This will take a few hours, because I am at work right now.

Sorry .. I deleted all saves of the fucked up colony .. I try again as soon as I have a new dropship.

Jedi0n

Yo OP. 1.34 link doesn't exist, seems 1.34 is not published on your github. The master is available so just using that for now. Also your new ship says "gentile" uh I think you mean "gentle" ^_^

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Gunblast on July 10, 2017, 08:13:07 PM
My ship "crashed," though it kept flying while spamming dozens of "ship is out of fuel, crashed!" messages. When I manually landed the ship, it disappeared upon touchdown and my colonist fell into a 'void plane'. Loading an earlier save doesn't bring back the ship, the console says it's already destroyed. Is there any way to spawn in a ship? Was running latest version from github

Seems like the check for already destroyed ships didn't work properly. I'll upload a fix later on.

Quote from: KLk on July 11, 2017, 12:23:18 PM
fixed, a over mod problem
tnxs!!!

Good to hear.

Quote from: Jedi0n on July 11, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
Yo OP. 1.34 link doesn't exist, seems 1.34 is not published on your github. The master is available so just using that for now. Also your new ship says "gentile" uh I think you mean "gentle" ^_^

Should be visible now. And yes, don't know why the 'i' slipped in there.

dareddevil7

DO you think you could patch the front gun for CE?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 11, 2017, 10:59:22 PM
DO you think you could patch the front gun for CE?

It's a question of time. I cannot make promises in that regard.

ChairmanPoo

I'm getting this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OHUShips.ShipTracker/<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<ShipsInFleet>b__0 (OHUShips.ShipBase) <0x00009>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAllStackBits (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x000c7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>.FindAll (System.Predicate`1<OHUShips.ShipBase>) <0x00042>
at OHUShips.ShipTracker.ShipsInFleet (int) <0x0006d>
at OHUShips.ShipBase/<GetGizmos>d__73.MoveNext () <0x0066c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x001b8>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Xubrim

I love the new planes. Unfortunately, the range predictions seem a little wonky. A maximum distance flight for the Albatross uses only 30% of a full tank, while the other two run out of fuel and crash quite early into their flights. Also, do you think there'd be any way to see a text based prediction of how much fuel will be consumed?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Xubrim on July 13, 2017, 03:09:21 PM
I love the new planes. Unfortunately, the range predictions seem a little wonky. A maximum distance flight for the Albatross uses only 30% of a full tank, while the other two run out of fuel and crash quite early into their flights. Also, do you think there'd be any way to see a text based prediction of how much fuel will be consumed?

I just wanted to post the exact same question, while I even did not know there was a full prediction at all.
Where can I find it ?

Xubrim

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 13, 2017, 04:57:40 PM
I just wanted to post the exact same question, while I even did not know there was a full prediction at all.
Where can I find it ?

When you mouse over tiles on the world map prior to launch, either the mod will let you move there or say something like "Area is out of range" (not actually that wording, but it's obvious) while preventing you from clicking said tile. Once you know the outer limit, in theory you could guess what would take 50% of your fuel, but as said, the prediction isn't reliable as of 1.34. You can make some pretty crude guesses via trial and error, but yeah.

SpaceDorf

Hmm fascinating. Because my dropship just crashed with half a ton of loot and five out of seven pawns .. without giving me a warning before hand.

Cpt.Ohu

The calculation of fuel consumption and therefore travel reach on the world map is a bit odd to calculate so the formula doesn't quite get it right yet.

There are now more factors to consider in calculating that alter the prediction. I'll try and fix this soon.