Most profitable drug for a drug colony

Started by Spudra, September 03, 2016, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spudra

I was wondering whats the most profitable drug you can create, to sell on the market.
I haven't really planted drugs yet, but im planning to do so when possible.

Thanks (:

ReZpawner

Since nobody has responded: I'm pretty sure that flake is the most profitable. Costs 7 of what used to be coca leaves (psychoicsomethingsomething?) , and has a trade value of 15.

Spudra

Quote from: ReZpawner on September 03, 2016, 05:43:00 PM
Since nobody has responded: I'm pretty sure that flake is the most profitable. Costs 7 of what used to be coca leaves (psychoicsomethingsomething?) , and has a trade value of 15.

Thanks! (:

Generalkrunk

Early game smokeleaf as you can start making joints immediately with no research. Good for tribal starts. But it's more profitable to just pump out statues. The only difference it doesn't really matter what your skills are when producing joints. 

Late game is flake.

If you want to actually profit without wasting a huge amount of time be sure to set up a drug lab in such a way that your cooks have to travel the minimum amount of distance to get raw materials. Treat the drug table like a stove and have a high priority stockpile for raw product and a stockpile for finished product right beside it.

Have one pawn as your main cook (drug cook not food cook) and give them a nice room to work in and a comfy chair. I keep his bedroom attached to the druglab with a small stockpile (one square) of meals beside a table so he can wake up eat, play horseshoes for one hour and then get cooking.

It's pretty efficient but atm it's still better to make scultures if you have a good artist.
Everything burns.

Spudra

Quote from: Generalkrunk on September 09, 2016, 08:09:53 AM
Early game smokeleaf as you can start making joints immediately with no research. Good for tribal starts. But it's more profitable to just pump out statues. The only difference it doesn't really matter what your skills are when producing joints. 

Late game is flake.

If you want to actually profit without wasting a huge amount of time be sure to set up a drug lab in such a way that your cooks have to travel the minimum amount of distance to get raw materials. Treat the drug table like a stove and have a high priority stockpile for raw product and a stockpile for finished product right beside it.

Have one pawn as your main cook (drug cook not food cook) and give them a nice room to work in and a comfy chair. I keep his bedroom attached to the druglab with a small stockpile (one square) of meals beside a table so he can wake up eat, play horseshoes for one hour and then get cooking.

It's pretty efficient but atm it's still better to make scultures if you have a good artist.

Nice advice (: I already have the raw materials and the produced drugs in a room next to the production room(without doors in between) I got it like this: Drug fields-building door to Raw drug materials-no door to production room- no door to produced drugs room-door to rest of colony.

When i get a couple more colonists i will put one in the drug produce area as cook (: I like that idea.
Too bad i lost 2 colonists early on due to malaria, and was about to lose the rest of the colony due to other diseases. I kinda cheated to keep the other 3, but accepted the fate of my other 2 starting colonists. Rest in peace ;-;

Generalkrunk

Are you playing on jungle? Cuz drug tables are also real good at making medicine, and I highly recommend you make some (and some malaria-block) if you're on jungle.
Everything burns.

Spudra

Quote from: Generalkrunk on September 10, 2016, 08:47:55 AM
Are you playing on jungle? Cuz drug tables are also real good at making medicine, and I highly recommend you make some (and some malaria-block) if you're on jungle.
I do, but there hadnt been a single trader at that time that had the neuro stuff. So i had no way to make it. But I also got hit by a plague and many more things. I have never had that much trouble with deceases in such a short period of time.

I keep stuff clean because i have 1 worker who has cleaning as a priority. But if i hadn't cheated a few diseases away, my colony wouldve been dead really fast.

After a long time a space bulks trader finally had some neuro stuff. (:

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Generalkrunk on September 09, 2016, 08:09:53 AMHave one pawn as your main cook (drug cook not food cook) and give them a nice room to work in and a comfy chair. I keep his bedroom attached to the druglab with a small stockpile (one square) of meals beside a table so he can wake up eat, play horseshoes for one hour and then get cooking.

Wait, if you put a chair in front of a production station, they'll sit in it while working?

Serenity

It makes them more comfortable (there is a meter for that). I usually use stools, but other things are more comfortable. And an armchair looks a bit silly at the smithing table, although it would be especially useful there.

carbon

Indeed.

By late game, I would recommend having at least superior grade cloth chairs on all your major work stations. That's a continuous +10 comfort mood buff, which has a small workspeed boost in addition to offsetting any negative mood problems with your workforce.