Hey Tynan, is there anyway you can add Mechs we can build?

Started by mc858, April 25, 2015, 01:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

Love the game, but i was wondering if it would be hard to add the ability to build mechs (soldiers) to defend the colony? My farmers all just got wiped out because they lack gun skills....i actually miss the fukers. If we could build mechs from Steel that would activate during raids , i would be so happy.

Maybe solar flares can knock them out so they are not too OP. They can have their own room (charging room) ? Require power (so you cant spam them) - and are involved in random events (like a short circuit that makes them shoot everyone)? They could use the robot mech model so you wouldnt have to put too much work into it (i hope) lol

basically , they would be expensive and disposable soldiers so we wouldnt go through losing our favorite colonists forever :*(

mc858

one more thing!

I noticed enemies come from the sky (pods,evil ships) and off the sides of the map (invasions,visitors)- But nothing comes up from UNDERGROUND! maybe a new mob (a worm) or something that can pop up behind killboxes or even inside rooms

maybe even boss mobs???? hmmm that would be awesom. Thanks again Tynan! ill expect the final build on my desk on monday =)

Quasarrgames

Yes! WAR WORMS!

I can picture them now...

Fred heaves the slag chunk out of the way of the building plans for the new geothermal generator. He spies something on the horizon: A strange small cloud of dust and churning earth that looks like it's coming straight for him. He knows what it is. he runs back to the colony in panic.

the colonists are repairing the killbox after a raid, when they hear fred running towards them, yelling something.
"Help! Help! Save yourselves! it's a w-"
Fred vanishes into the ground.
The colonists stare in disbelief.
Then a massive mechanical worm jumps out at them, guns blazing!
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

mc858

Quote from: Quasarrgames on April 25, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
Yes! WAR WORMS!

I can picture them now...

Fred heaves the slag chunk out of the way of the building plans for the new geothermal generator. He spies something on the horizon: A strange small cloud of dust and churning earth that looks like it's coming straight for him. He knows what it is. he runs back to the colony in panic.

the colonists are repairing the killbox after a raid, when they hear fred running towards them, yelling something.
"Help! Help! Save yourselves! it's a w-"
Fred vanishes into the ground.
The colonists stare in disbelief.
Then a massive mechanical worm jumps out at them, guns blazing!

thats what im talking about!

Except the worm isnt mechanical...its real. That makes for a bloody fight and when you kill it - it explodes into gibs...killing those mech wormsright now is so boring - id rather they explode or something instead of just flipping over and dying lol

also- Zombies. Zombie infection. Zombie mob invasions that take mass bullets to kill. Zombie bosses that only die with explosive weapons.hmmmmm....... =) just some ideas

hector212121

No.

No, we are not making Rimworld into a more detailed The Last Stand:DZ.

Zombies are what mods are for.

leax256