[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manly

Why isnt this out yet?!?!?  It has been a few hours now!!!!!

Oh...wait....it would be impossible to have it done this fast...

/ungrateful mode OFF

Looking forward to seeing this when you can get to it :)

Goo Poni

I'm interested to see if weapon production will become an "unfinished thing" thing. So that weapons can be built over a period of a couple days for each one.

thefinn

Johnny Masters

Quote from: Tearlach on December 09, 2014, 08:11:44 PM
Beacons can be made in the advanced modifier workstation, the compact research terminal can be traded for, but not built afaik. Which is somewhat agravating seeing as trading becomes a lot harder when your comm console burns down.

Yeah i figured about the beacon, i just had enough of them. But the compact terminal... It's been 2 to 3 years and i've checked every single trade and none brings one, actually their selection is pretty much the same every time.

Quote from: Tearlach on December 09, 2014, 08:11:44 PM
For the trap hole, I just don't play with it. If it made terrain impassable though, it would not really work as a trap anymore as enemy pawns wouldn't trigger it anymore.

I meant impassable for your own people, because they know of the trap, but no such behavior for the enemy. Perhaps think more of an avoid behavior instead of a block. These traps are kind of a cheat mode, you don't even need a killbox after using those.

Well, anyway, let's wait for the 8 :D

Hannibal25

Quote from: Haplo on December 10, 2014, 11:39:07 AM
For the traders: You don't need a Com console, but you need a trade beacon to mark the tradable resources..

Thank you it works!

Any idea for my issue with the oil extraction?

How does work the oil extraction? I cannot place the extractor on the oil field, it says that the place is already occupied :(

Xubrim

Oil fields are covered with a block that must be fully removed by mining. Is this your issue? If not, can you be a little more descriptive of what's going on?

Goo Poni

Quote from: Hannibal25 on December 11, 2014, 01:56:38 AM
For the traders: You don't need a Com console, but you need a trade beacon to mark the tradable resources..

Thank you it works!

How does work the oil extraction? I cannot place the extractor on the oil field, it says that the place is already occupied :(

Oil Deposits are covered by a chunk of rock that must be mined away (or "claimed" and then deconstructed, but ssh, it's meant to be mined). This can be done simply to allow the Deposit to produce oil on regular occasion. You can then build a pump over them which will cap the Deposit like the Oil Block before it, but you can send someone over to it to pump oil. This can usually be done a couple times a day or two days, a timer on the building when you click on it will inform you if it's ready to be pumped. As to whether the pump is useful over simply letting the Deposit spurt, bearing in mind that you must remember to manually select someone and send them over to use it at regular intervals, I don't know. Later down the line, you can build an Oil Refinery which will produce both Refined Oil (which is worth more and more efficient in gas generators) and a hefty amount of power by simply burning off excess. Refineries are maybe a little OP, you probably won't know what to do with all the oil and very soon, you won't know what to do with all the silver from selling said oil. Building enough gas generators to use all of the oil will generate an extreme amount of power, perfect for those mods like eatKenny's Turret Defence mod where nearly all the turrets consume 1-2k generic units of power each. It WILL drive your colony wealth steadily higher if you cannot use it or sell it. And that's about all I know about exploiting natural crude oil.

Hannibal25

Quote from: Goo Poni on December 12, 2014, 04:49:10 AM

Thank you it works!

Oil Deposits are covered by a chunk of rock that must be mined away (or "claimed" and then deconstructed, but ssh, it's meant to be mined). This can be done simply to allow the Deposit to produce oil on regular occasion. You can then build a pump over them which will cap the Deposit like the Oil Block before it, but you can send someone over to it to pump oil. This can usually be done a couple times a day or two days, a timer on the building when you click on it will inform you if it's ready to be pumped. As to whether the pump is useful over simply letting the Deposit spurt, bearing in mind that you must remember to manually select someone and send them over to use it at regular intervals, I don't know. Later down the line, you can build an Oil Refinery which will produce both Refined Oil (which is worth more and more efficient in gas generators) and a hefty amount of power by simply burning off excess. Refineries are maybe a little OP, you probably won't know what to do with all the oil and very soon, you won't know what to do with all the silver from selling said oil. Building enough gas generators to use all of the oil will generate an extreme amount of power, perfect for those mods like eatKenny's Turret Defence mod where nearly all the turrets consume 1-2k generic units of power each. It WILL drive your colony wealth steadily higher if you cannot use it or sell it. And that's about all I know about exploiting natural crude oil.

Thanks for you both, it works well now ;)

thefinn

Thank you it works!

Do NOT floor around the oil spot - the oil refinery won't go on it after you do.

Place the refinery, then floor around it.

(Hard lesson learned on that one).

Archaryon

Hi, following an earthquake and fire event, my compact researcher has disappered (may be destroyed) so, i can't anymore research anything, it's not neither in my storage area, need some help please.

thefinn

Well... unless you already got the research that gives you the comms console you're screwed...

You could - if you did get that research - grab a computer terminal from a trade caravan possibly and then throw down one of the large research tables instead.

See if we could get TTM updated to A8 it'd fix your problem too.

( Tchey )

I've skiped Alpha 7 to enjoy more content (i play 1/2 or 1/3 of the releases in most indi "alpha" games).
Only TTM is missing now, before i come back to Rimworld !

Thanks for continuously updating your mods, Minami.

Ramsis

Minami is being a bit of a jerkwad right now while playing Dota.... but he's working on it folks.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

testerke

The only thing I don't like is some texture like, metalworks, workstation, metal synthesizer, fireplace etc, but I really like static discharger, animal zapper, missile launcher etc.
I don't know if there is a way to restore some original textures.

Just an idea:
This thing i really miss from the game is the thirsty. They eat but what about water?
We have water in the game but would be good to use the water for something.

Johnny Masters

hmm i liked the stations textures. The barrel water collector and soup cauldron are kinda bad tho, dunno which of the mods they're from. The fireplace could profit from internal fuel (it gets kinda crowded with a griller and deposit on its sides).

On how to deal with passing traders and losing the CRT: perhaps changing the orbital beacon to something less..orbital and advanced. Change the texture and the name to something simple like just a depot designation, so you could trade from the get go, and eventually you can get back some vital items so you don't have to give up on your colony.