[RimWorld] Torture Rooms / Torture Instruments [Torture Expansion]

Started by LukeJR, August 11, 2016, 08:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeJR

Torture Expansion:

Rimworld has not only made me think about Survival, but it's also made me think about Prisoners.
What the game doesn't quite expand on is the 'Prisoner' side to the game.
Now, I do have a feeling that this is already planned later down the line in the game's development.
But from what I want to share with you; it's just a suggestion on how it could work:

- Torture Rooms (Assign your survivors to this priority) - Torturer / Mistress (This already adds a darker side to the game)

- Interrogation Room (We have the power to interrogate a captured prisoner who is from another tribe, this would allow us to find out more about the opposing tribes) - We could extract information from them, and if you feel really evil, you could then execute them. However, I was thinking of having the ability to visit the other tribes, instead of always waiting for them to come to us, why can't we go out to them? - I might be wrong, but from what I've experienced so far: you can't find the other tribes?

- Cold Cell (Before eating those captured survivors, those sadistic players out there who really loved Dungeon Keeper, how about freezing your enemy in a Cold Cell? The game already allows temperature, and the 'Cooler' would be perfect to expand on this idea)

- Cat O' Nine Tails (Having the ability to whip those prisoners of yours may satisfy some of you) - Would it just be for fun? No, it's kind of like giving them a hard time, but you are also edging them towards Insanity / Execution.

- White Torture (Requiring Cloth) x100 or more.
You could build a White Room, a room made of white cushions, this is so the player can drive those prisoners insane. Maybe we could also make them so afraid of their own shadow that we have the ability to force recruit them. It's more evil than just chatting & recruiting, but sometimes you've got to be Evil to get somewhere. Especially with the Enemy.

- The Rack

- Chain Room (Chain your prisoners to the wall, make them starve or continue attacking them to find out more information)

- Cage Fighters (Make the prisoners fight for survival) - It's sadistic, but believe me, it's interesting to watch for those who want to watch your enemy go insane)

Video Games, all of our lusts, our secret desires in one room.

FoxXeL

Awesome! This could be even a mod sugestion, not necessarily an expansion. Most of all I love the cage fighters idea.

ruddthree

There is a "Torturer" adult backstory already in the game. Maybe this could be utilized?

Wolf619

Quote from: LukeJR on August 11, 2016, 08:09:29 PM
Torture Expansion:

Rimworld has not only made me think about Survival, but it's also made me think about Prisoners.
What the game doesn't quite expand on is the 'Prisoner' side to the game.
Now, I do have a feeling that this is already planned later down the line in the game's development.
But from what I want to share with you; it's just a suggestion on how it could work:

- Torture Rooms (Assign your survivors to this priority) - Torturer / Mistress (This already adds a darker side to the game)

- Interrogation Room (We have the power to interrogate a captured prisoner who is from another tribe, this would allow us to find out more about the opposing tribes) - We could extract information from them, and if you feel really evil, you could then execute them. However, I was thinking of having the ability to visit the other tribes, instead of always waiting for them to come to us, why can't we go out to them? - I might be wrong, but from what I've experienced so far: you can't find the other tribes?

- Cold Cell (Before eating those captured survivors, those sadistic players out there who really loved Dungeon Keeper, how about freezing your enemy in a Cold Cell? The game already allows temperature, and the 'Cooler' would be perfect to expand on this idea)

- Cat O' Nine Tails (Having the ability to whip those prisoners of yours may satisfy some of you) - Would it just be for fun? No, it's kind of like giving them a hard time, but you are also edging them towards Insanity / Execution.

- White Torture (Requiring Cloth) x100 or more.
You could build a White Room, a room made of white cushions, this is so the player can drive those prisoners insane. Maybe we could also make them so afraid of their own shadow that we have the ability to force recruit them. It's more evil than just chatting & recruiting, but sometimes you've got to be Evil to get somewhere. Especially with the Enemy.

- The Rack

- Chain Room (Chain your prisoners to the wall, make them starve or continue attacking them to find out more information)

- Cage Fighters (Make the prisoners fight for survival) - It's sadistic, but believe me, it's interesting to watch for those who want to watch your enemy go insane)

Video Games, all of our lusts, our secret desires in one room.

I had sort of the same idea lol I agree torture also I'd like to see gas chambers!!!!

Lizardo

http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

harpo99999

and then there is the entire dungeon keeper series of games from bullfrog entertainment, both games are good , but I find the second a b b b i i i t t t  more fun to play still 

FisherEx

You won't believe how I like this idea. Also I think it will be great combined with a religion and beliefs system.

daduhweewah

You can already freeze prisoners? THat is what the cryocasket or whatever it is called is for I believe, when you have a population you are satisfied with, or two people who do the same job (researching I guess) or just want to save someone for later you can freeze them and open the casket later I assume. (well I assume it all goes well when you do it yourself, I know the caskets you find randomly are agro towards you)

The faction relations would need revamping before this would even be plausible IMO, I don't know what you could get out of a prisoner by torchering them right now.

MikeLemmer

Only as a user-made mod, not an official addition. Rimworld is a game about survival, not sadism.

And before anyone argues that torturing information out of a captive is useful for survival, I talked to a CIA interrogator at a wargamer convention who stated information received under physical duress is mostly wrong and nearly worthless. Surprise surprise, you torture someone enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear just to make it stop. Nope, he said the best way to get information out of someone was psychological manipulation, aka breaking them by talking.

Making interrogation a conversation option that requires a Social check provides the same benefit without the disturbingly sadistic implications of torture devices.

FisherEx

Quote from: MikeLemmer on October 24, 2016, 02:41:32 AM
I talked to a CIA interrogator at a wargamer convention who stated information received under physical duress is mostly wrong and nearly worthless.
But we can check the information and come back later with even more questions. Also a mood buff for our psychopath and bloodthirsty colonists (and mood loss for pacifists).

Lizardo

No one really tortures for the information, it's the entertainment value that is important.
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

harpo99999

how about torturing the least liked(most hated) prisioner(s) boosting the fear(of being tortured), and the liking of the colony (for having tortured the most hated) in the other prisioners resulting in the decreased difficulty of recuitment( and a good way of dealing with those difficult irritating annoying abrasive ugly pawns)

FisherEx

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM
how about torturing the least liked(most hated) prisioner(s) boosting the fear(of being tortured), and the liking of the colony (for having tortured the most hated) in the other prisioners resulting in the decreased difficulty of recuitment( and a good way of dealing with those difficult irritating annoying abrasive ugly pawns)
There was actually a fear meter in an early versions of rimworld, and you was able to put enemy corpses in a cages to scare them away. Then Tynan cut this feature.

harpo99999

yes, I remember the alphas up to 4 with fondness , the fear was a FUN mechanic especially causing the raiders to gain FEAR as they approached the colony to the point where they broke and ran before actually causing damage, made the game much easier