[MOD] (Alpha 9) OmniCorp - Area effect vanilla style shields-plus armour shield

Started by skullywag, January 28, 2015, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popster99

for the work benched you can ask for winter hermits stuff he stuffified the cook stove

skullywag

Update to batteries, even though plasteel is kind of weak and is only 1 notch above steel, it now does not do the explodey thing, it will still shortcircuit in rain but will not explode randomly. Felt like this was a nice compromise.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

First batch of PODs have been released, Feedback is welcome, also ideas on further PODs are welcome. Expect this one to get updated quite soon as im tweaking the shield one a little currently but wanted to get it out.

Massive thanks to JAXXA for lending me his shield code. Cheers buddy! :)

skullywag

Avtomatik

Is it possible to leave the vanilla turret in the game?
As of now I cant built a turret without a gun

general222291

Can you put multiple guns on one turret, if not can you add that feature, it would be very useful for putting guns that are not as powerful as my colonist's weapons to use!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

skullywag

I can definitley put a version which keeps the core turret active up. Its removed as I personally dont like getting a free fixed LMG from steel whem i cant make one for my colonists...its emersion breaking.

General, im not sure its possible in the purest sense but i coukd maybe do a turret that takes 2 guns and fires twice as fast....maybe...

general222291

Well, its up to you, but its a great mod anyway, we should just be thankful that there are people out there willing to put the effort in the mod these games (and Tynan of course :P )
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Avtomatik

Quote from: skullywag on February 20, 2015, 10:32:46 AM
I can definitley put a version which keeps the core turret active up. Its removed as I personally dont like getting a free fixed LMG from steel whem i cant make one for my colonists...its emersion breaking.

General, im not sure its possible in the purest sense but i coukd maybe do a turret that takes 2 guns and fires twice as fast....maybe...

If you could put that version up, that'd be great, as I am using both yours and vanilla turrets mods and it is not so good when I can build double vanilla and not the ordinary one. This way you are giving the player a choice of which one (or both) to use, which is always good.
On the double turret, maybe you can create a bigger (and a bit more expensive and power hungry) turret that fires both weapons at the same time?

skullywag

Ill update the turret mod shortly to have a version with the vanilla turret enabled.

Updated omni turbines to bring them inline with the new power update for the vanilla ones.

Edit - actually this is easy and im being dumb, open up the mod and go to defs/building_security.xml open it and edit the defname from "turretGun" to anything else "omniTurretGun" would do. This should re-enable the vanilla gun.

skullywag

Rathael

Keep seeing this in debug after researching gun turret cooling:

Exception applying research mod for project GunTurretCooling: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.OmniResearchModsSpecial.OmniTurretCooling () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named Gun_LeeEnfield. There are 1130 defs loaded.

nerevar

First off, really love the turret mod, it was pretty broken to be able to just build an infinite number of turrets at with just steel.  However I have encountered some... unusual turret behavior. 

They were working normally, with the gun's normal rate of fire applied to the turret, until I researched gun cooling.  Now my simple pistol turret has transformed into a gatling gun of terror that single handedly wiped out a massive wave of incoming tribals.

Now, I am running a bunch of other mods, but none that affect weaponry, so I think I'm safe in assuming they aren't the problem, but I'd be more than happy to post what I'm running if I am mistaken.

Once again, thanks!

skullywag

Haha. Wow i ballsed up the research mod...ill fix tonight....lol dat pistol though...

nerevar

My turrets went back to acting normally again today, very strange.  I reloaded last night and it didn't fix it.  Working great for now though.