Deuce and a half

Started by Admiral Wily, January 27, 2017, 11:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Wily

I think adding something like the M35 2½-ton cargo truck for caravans would be Nice to have.

It would take a lot of components to build require chemfuel to run/determine range and could carry a lot of things and be much faster then on foot.

Drawbacks would be Large hills/Mountains are impassable or mind numbingly slow. You would need to bring components with you or risk a breakdown and having to abandon it. Also smart raiders could spot it radio others up ahead to make a road block that you would have to fight them at and clear to move on.

I don't want it to replace pack animals just another option.

What do you guys think? (please be constructive)

The M35

GarettZriwin

Not every colony can have pack animals, there just need to be some alternative and upgrade to amount of cargo caravan can carry, any Caravaneer player will agree with me on that one. :P

Limdood

Quote from: GarettZriwin on January 27, 2017, 12:07:36 PM
Not every colony can have pack animals, there just need to be some alternative and upgrade to amount of cargo caravan can carry, any Caravaneer player will agree with me on that one. :P

the counter argument there is that if the main limitation of the caravaneer playstyle is removed, then it kind of loses its point.  This is from a fellow caravan style player.  do lightweight options for sleeping and shelter and the ability to set up camp need to exist in vanilla?  sure.  Do caravans need to be able to haul more stuff?  not really.  Even without pack animals its perfectly possible to carry well over a season's worth of food with you.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: Limdood on January 27, 2017, 02:01:31 PM
Quote from: GarettZriwin on January 27, 2017, 12:07:36 PM

the counter argument there is that if the main limitation of the caravaneer playstyle is removed, then it kind of loses its point.  This is from a fellow caravan style player.  do lightweight options for sleeping and shelter and the ability to set up camp need to exist in vanilla?  sure.  Do caravans need to be able to haul more stuff?  not really.  Even without pack animals its perfectly possible to carry well over a season's worth of food with you.
Caravaneer is a game.  ::)

DanielCoffey

Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit

ADM-Ntek

having some kind of vehicle would be nice. and there would be obvious limits like transport capacity. and they would be expensive to make. it is kind of odd you have space ships but no land/air/sea vehicles. i would recommend 3 tiers.

• T1 a simple cart than can be pulled by animals like Cow and muffalo reliable, long range but slow.
  • T2 a truck like op suggests faster, reduced range but has problems with some terrain and needs fuel.
  • T3 a hover car/speeder very fast on every terrain, short range. hard to repair needs power minimal cargo space.

Admiral Wily

I have been thinking rubber could also be a requirement that can only be obtained via trader/and or rubber trees that only grow naturally in the jungle biome (can never be grown in a grow zone) which needs to be refined at a refinery in to rubber.