RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Do guests fight back if you try to do an operation on them?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TrashMan

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 18, 2015, 04:41:19 PM
I should have reacted to that long ago.

Why make them attack only non-animal prey ?
I'm sure there's must be a balanced way to make them also hunt when they are hungry without killing all the Fauna and while keeping the Wolves close by.

If memory serve, one muffalo should easily feed a pack of wolf for several day.

Indeed

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on May 19, 2015, 11:52:42 AM
Do guests fight back if you try to do an operation on them?

Yeah, sure, but they will can't do this without legs and arms! Muahahaha!

userfredle

Hey tynan saw in the changelog that the guest faction will get mad if its not a "beneficial surgery".

So what about if they have a serious infection in their leg and theyre gonna die if we dont hack it off like in medieval times? did you incorporate that into the coding of deciding if the surgery is beneficial or not?

though id imagine it would require some tricky work since thats also a way to exploit taking limbs without repercussions

Rahjital

More events, woot woot! And some that force decisions too - do you rescue the refugee and anger the faction that chases them? Or do you let them catch him, losing a potential colonist? (Only applies if the faction isn't already hostile, of course...)

As for cutting off infected limbs... perhaps they should only accept it if the infection is major or extreme? Players don't have much of an incentive to cut limbs all willy nilly beside being cruel.

Sir_Aroun

Here is an Idea, Raids having Objectives. Raid right now are less raids and more like Attacks. It is next to imposable to just survive a raid, you ether repeal the raid or lose the game. What be nice is if raids had objectives. Not only is this more like what raids really are but it make raid a LOT less lethal and more dynamic.
Here is some examples of Raids:

Supply raid: raids try to get x amount of supplys (food and meds) then retreat
    Wealth raid: same as supply raid but going for silver and gold instead of food and meds
    Slave raid: raids try to kidnap as may people in a within time limit
    Hit and Run raid: like current raids but with a time limit
    Rescue raid: Raiders try to break out prisoners and leave with them
    Siege raid*: raider of a faction currently besieging you attack until they lose to many people
    Blood raid:  like current raids but bigger and only happening if your REALLY piss off a faction.

* not sure about this one
(main post https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13186.0)

Sir_Aroun

psychic soothe incident?

Play2Jens

Quote from: Sir_Aroun on May 19, 2015, 07:16:00 PM
psychic soothe incident?

Not sure, but I think it's the opposite event of psychotic wave incident, where all colonist of a specific gender get a mood penalty. With this, all colonist should get a bonus to their mood.

I didn't see how well the event where you have to make a decision is implemented in the game. But I already love it. Tynan, we'd love to get more hard decisions to make. 

Coenmcj

Quote from: Log of ChangeMay 19
● Misc bugfixes.
● Added psychic soothe incident.
● Added chased refugee incident. A refugee radios for help; you can accept them into the colony but a raid will follow them.

First off. Psychic Soothe incident? what's that, the inverse of the dropped ship part that makes everyone all happy and touchy-feely?
Secondly, Good to see some more variety in the incidents, any others planned for the immediate future?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Cimanyd

I can already imagine that incident. A 90 year old refugee with dementia, bad back, frail, and a leg scar shows up at the edge of the map and becomes a colonist. 30 seconds later, after he's moved about five inches toward the colony, the raid pops up in the same place right next to him and immediately kills him.

Quote from: userfredle on May 19, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
Hey tynan saw in the changelog that the guest faction will get mad if its not a "beneficial surgery".

So what about if they have a serious infection in their leg and theyre gonna die if we dont hack it off like in medieval times? did you incorporate that into the coding of deciding if the surgery is beneficial or not?

though id imagine it would require some tricky work since thats also a way to exploit taking limbs without repercussions
Quote from: Rahjital on May 19, 2015, 05:41:09 PM
As for cutting off infected limbs... perhaps they should only accept it if the infection is major or extreme? Players don't have much of an incentive to cut limbs all willy nilly beside being cruel.

You can't cut off a limb normally, only if it's infected or if you do it manually by installing a bionic/prosthetic/peg leg and then removing it. I assume, in that case, removing the replacement would be considered a bad surgery, just as removing one they originally had would be.

Here's a thought... would replacing a peg leg with a prosthetic/bionic leg (just to be nice) be considered beneficial? If so, what about replacing a bionic/prosthetic leg with a peg leg, which really shouldn't be?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Klldarkness

I am beyond happy that more events are being added!

Tynan, can we get an update that is a big event update? Or perhaps an update that makes it easier to add custom events?

I love the game, but there are only so many events in the game, and no mods add new events anymore.

Either way, I love you. <3

stefanstr

The amount of cool stuff in the changelog has officially come to the point where I don't want to play the current Alpha anymore because of the anticipation.

Kegereneku

QuoteAdded toxic fallout incident and map condition (slowly poisons creates not under roofs).
Toxic buildup can cause other permanent health issues (dementia).

Ok, that one gonna be hard. I hope Tynan planned Gas Mask.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

milon

Quote from: Klldarkness on May 20, 2015, 12:32:36 AM
I am beyond happy that more events are being added!

Tynan, can we get an update that is a big event update? Or perhaps an update that makes it easier to add custom events?

I love the game, but there are only so many events in the game, and no mods add new events anymore.

Either way, I love you. <3

+1

It's funny, I made the More Events thread in Suggestions right before I saw this post. Couldn't agree more!  Now go vote on it!  :)

Listy

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 20, 2015, 07:34:40 AM
QuoteAdded toxic fallout incident and map condition (slowly poisons creates not under roofs).
Toxic buildup can cause other permanent health issues (dementia).

Ok, that one gonna be hard. I hope Tynan planned Gas Mask.

Not quite sure I understand the wording...